Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for ensuring compliance with all legal and regulatory programs within the department's area of responsibility. Certifies compliance on behalf of the enterprise of these laws and regulations and developing or partnering with senior executives within the 1st and 2nd lines of defense to develop: compliance assessment methodologies, compliance reporting mechanisms, both for continual monitoring and annual overall assessment, and escalation procedures for items of concern. Executes second line oversight across all areas of fraud throughout the enterprise, internal or external. Develops, or partners with senior executives within the 1st and 2nd lines of defense to develop: risk appetite statements, key risk indicators, policies and procedures for risk management, risk reporting and escalation processes, and committee structures for risk management.
· Develop, obtain approval and socialize the strategy for the overall Fraud Risk Management, Identity Theft, Cybersecurity compliance, and Records Management programs
· Manage the compliance and risk elements of those programs, to include independently translating requirements of programs’ strategies into effective goals and objectives for cross functional, enterprise wide, teams
· Assist partners across 1st and 2nd line with compliance and fraud risk management including conducting root cause analysis, control design reviews, and independent risk assessment to ensure the appropriate management of operational, regulatory, legal, and other risks. Maintains currency on evolving legal, regulatory, and threat landscapes to incorporate learnings into oversight and risk management activity.
· Manage the Information Security Compliance and Fraud Oversight teams, including ensuring focus remain on appropriate risk management practices.
· Oversees and establishes requirements for compliance and fraud prevention education and awareness opportunities.
· Conduct effective challenge of 1st line strategies, reporting, and risk appetite for Fraud, Identity Theft, Cybersecurity compliance, and Records Management
· Represent the Compliance and Fraud Risk Management areas to regulatory examiners, governance committees, business partners and executives, and other partners
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Security, Economics, Law or related field
· 8+ years of experience in Experience in fraud, information security or IT security; Financial Services Industry experience or related experience
· 2+ years of experience in Compliance Program Management
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
· 10+ years of experience in Fraud, Information Security, IT Security, AML/BSA, or related programs; Financial Services industry experience or related experience of experience
· 2+ years of people management experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.