Sr Manager Government Relations at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Sr Manager, Government Relations
Location: East Coast, US – Northeast / Mid-Atlantic preferred
The individual ServiceNow seeks must be capable of understanding the legislative and policy issues associated with issues pertaining to technology companies, particularly software companies. The successful candidate will represent ServiceNow’s interests before Congress and the Administration.
The Sr Manager, Government Relations will be required to create and implement strategic plans to successfully deliver upon corporate priorities and achieve specific legislative results. The successful candidate must possess significant political acumen and have established bi- partisan contacts with Members of Congress, Congressional staff, and in the Administration. He/She must have a proven record of building strong, internal working relationships. Experience with the appropriations process, tech policy and judiciary issues are helpful, but not required.
The Sr Manager, Government Affairs, will be expected to:
- Develop and execute strategies to advance ServiceNow’s core public policy objectives with critical governmental and non-governmental audiences. Assume leadership of key initiatives and provide team support to others
- Communicate regularly with internal business line owners, sales and product teams to ensure awareness of potential risks and benefits of various legislative and regulatory initiatives
- Work with internal sales and product teams to help tailor ServiceNow’s services to address specific government needs
- Monitor and provide timely and insightful reports on developments and trends specific to the Company’s identified public policy priorities. Such priorities could include a wide range of corporate and technology issues including, tax, trade, cyber and data security, privacy, intellectual property, encryption, artificial intelligence, future of work, workforce development, and consumer protections
- Establish and maintain a sophisticated network of political contacts in the tech policy arena, specifically with key Capitol Hill lawmakers and staff, government agencies, trade associations, and third-party groups/community groups who share ServiceNow’s vision of making the work, work better for people
- Assist in the management and oversight of external consulting resources
- Provide support and counsel to the Vice President, Global Government Relations and execute special projects when necessary
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10-15 years combined experience in the legislative arena as a government affairs executive with a major company or trade association, a Congressional staffer, or a senior public servant in a relevant government agency.
Primary qualifications include:
- A keen understanding of the legislative process and deep relationships with key committees including Judiciary, Appropriations, Veterans Affairs, Energy and Commerce, Congressional leaders and staff
- An understanding of the tech policy industry is strongly preferred, but not required
- The ability to quickly grasp and address key legislative and policy priorities
- An ability to work with a wide range of personalities and interests, including industry colleagues, policymakers, staffers, and internal executives
- Demonstrated orientation towards business growth
- Extensive leadership, political and organizational skills, and the proven ability to successfully execute policy, political, and business objectives in the public policy arena
- Ability to translate business goals into results through the development and execution of an effective lobbying strategy
- Ability to understand complex legislative procedures and to work with broad coalitions
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills, for both internal and external audiences
- Strong writing and legislative and policy analysis skills
- The ability to work in and be an integral part of an action-oriented, decision-making environment
- Have existing relationships or the ability to build a network at all levels of government and business
- Ability to help administer the Corporate PAC that is under development
Desired personal characteristics include:
- Deep integrity and excellent values that immediately generates respect and trust, internally and externally
- The intellectual horsepower to grasp complex issues and a passion to learn more
- A sense of pride in your work-product, coupled with self-awareness and a humble willingness to admit mistakes and identify weaknesses
- Fair and respectful in every setting
- Innovative, creative, and driven to succeed
- A natural energy and positive attitude
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.