Sr. Manager, Logistics at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
We’re looking for an exceptionally analytical operations leader with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to join the Market Operations team. You’ll be responsible for a team of Market Managers and regional oversight of markets with direct oversight of the growth and health of the business. A real self-starter, you should have a passion for solving hard problems -- plus a proven track record of getting things done.
Grubhub is a dynamic, rapidly growing business; we foster a culture of scrappy entrepreneurs. Learning and improving are core to our execution. In addition, you must be able to work effectively with a diverse set of functions and adapt as the business grows or the context changes.
- Leads a team of Market Managers and manages markets directly as well as has oversight of a region of markets
- Understands the key business levers and effectively executes them to ruthlessly manage the quality and costs of their respective region
- Responsible for the end to end management and development of their organization. Through team development as well as resource allocation/adjustment, they will ensure business objectives are met. They will oversee and direct multiple areas of the organization
- Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others
- Provides subject matter expertise on specific topic(s) and thought leadership/ mentoring in these areas
- Effectively communicate learnings from analysis of the business to provide recommendations cross functionally with Product, Sales, Marketing to ensure that we’re pacing ahead of targets
What You Bring to the Table
- 8+ yrs. of relevant work experience in operations/strategy/business development responsibilities of growing a business. You think like an owner, determined at every level to get the hard work done
- 5+ yrs. of management / team leadership experience with the ability to develop team dynamic, identify talent, and foster growth
- Passion to understand new things and solve problems in creative and unconventional ways
- Manages customer service experience: friendly, positive, can handle difficult situations
- Strong attention to detail; digs into all of the minutiae and understands every aspect of the business; You love to learn and when something isn’t clear you figure it out
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally, you understand a collective effort creates a better experience internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills; you bring solutions to the table based on thorough analysis (must be very savvy in excel)
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with ambitious goals
- Bachelor’s degree
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.