Sr Manager – Quality Engineering – Enterprise Test Environment Management
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
As a Senior Manager, Quality Engineering of Enterprise Test Environment Management team, this individual will be responsible to provide stable, highly available release management environment for all Lines of Businesses including Distributed and Mainframe components. Adapt environment management practices for Cloud as the application stack evolves.
Ensure lean change management, incident, problem and capacity management practices for Test Infrastructure. Collaboration with Project Management teams, Test Engineering, Quality Engineering teams and Service Providers.
Develop and enhance consistent repeatable processes for refresh, batch and troubleshooting activities.
- Successfully executing complex strategic IT initiatives by building tight collaboration across Business, PMO, Architecture, Infrastructure, Application Development, Quality Assurance & Test Engineering teams.
- Ensure audit and regulatory practices for the department are met. Leading enterprise scale software testing teams utilizing agile delivery methods within the financial services / regulated industry.
- Coordinate activities of release engineers to automate the setup and configuration of test environments.
- Develop process to track test environments required for QA.
- Develop KPIs to track efficacy of test environment delivery efforts.
- Manage versions of different system components and manage the maintenance.
- Assist in the provision of solutions for problem prevention through regular analysis of metrics to identify and implement improvements to defined processes and procedures, and where necessary work with the group to define and implement new processes and procedures.
- Managing the team with very high level of ADC team Enterprise coordination with supporting/dependent teams, set expectations and establish SLAs, synchronization of schedules, assist in the escalation and resolution of issues with internal tools/groups.
- Partner with Quality Engineering shared Services and Value Streams and other delivery teams to understand their test objective and align test environment strategy and provide environment to meet the objectives.
- Resolve conflicts between teams competing for limited testing resources.
- Provide leadership support to the team and ensuring team cohesion through regular team meetings, 1:1s, the dissemination of pertinent information and forecasting of staffing required to support future workload.
- Staying abreast if new and emerging technologies and working with Senior Management to define and maintain a strategy.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related studies (or equivalent of work experience)
- Minimum 10 years work experience in IT
- At least 3 year of experience managing operations or application development teams. Practical experience with Agile/Scrum (SAFe preferred)
- Ability to understand modern approaches to deployment automation on both bare-metal servers and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Capable of independently leading operations team and providing input to both high level architectural design and low level designs.
- Passion for delivering quality, world-class environments for business partners and stakeholders/customers
- Comprehensive understanding of testing procedures including: functional, usability, performance and security testing.
- Focus on organization and communication over technology – technology is important for a test environment manager, but communication is the critical skill.