Sr. Manager Security at Echo Global Logistics
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.The Security Engineering team is looking for a seasoned security leader to manage our team of talented engineers. As the Senior Manager of Security, you will be a part of our inclusive, collaborative team responsible for protecting our employees and customers. Echo Global Logistics is ranked in Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Employer in Chicago along with other recognitions as the top 3PL provider. Come join our team to help carry out our mission of providing our clients with best-in-class security, service, and technology!
• Work with security, technology, and business leadership to develop and implement security and technology risk management strategy aligned to Echo's business strategy
• Manage the implementation and monitoring of security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information
• Develop a culture of DevSecOps and build security into shared platforms and components
• Through partnership with Product and Development, grow Echo's application security program making it a seamless part of the software development processes
• Use metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Echo security strategy and programs
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
• Develop, document, and maintain company security policies
• Manage Echo's security incident response
• Stay abreast of security trends, threats and prevention technologies and practices
• Hire, manage, and develop a team of security engineers
• Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, advanced degree preferred
• 5-10 years management of security and technology teams
• In-depth knowledge of ISO and NIST security frameworks
• Familiar with SOX, GDPR, CCPA, and PCI-DSS compliance
• One or more relevant certifications a plus: CISSP, CEH, CISM, ISSAP, ISSEP, ISO, etc
• Experience with complex risk issues in a technology environment and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
• Willingness to dive into new problems while maintaining a rapid cadence of delivery
• Understanding of security threats, attack techniques, and mitigation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including technical documentation skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proactive, self-starter able to work with limited supervision and prepared to take responsibility for the role's operations.
• Exceptional time and project management skills
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.