Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Sr. Manager, Services Operations
The Sr. Manager, Services Operations oversees the business operations and/or program management function(s) for a smaller business group’s or a large business program within a business group, including the management of projects, resource & financial planning, and team management to ensure meeting the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Manages a business operation and/or or program office management function in support of a smaller business group or a large function.
- May provide input to strategic planning and operational deployment
- Works toward the achievement of business objectives
- Serves as a resource to different Company stakeholders to develop and execute program and/or business operational plans.
- Provides financial and operational reporting to the business/program leadership
- Creates management reports, dashboards, and scorecards for all leadership levels.
- Represents the business group and/or programs with the IT or Workday team for needs, issues and reporting requirements and design and implement workarounds to meet reporting needs
- May create revenue projections, non-billable budgets and hiring plans if applicable.
- Liaises with the finance team to develop and revise the business group’s and/or programs’ budgets on an annual and quarterly basis
- Implements and oversees program governance processes
- Leads multiple complex projects, and partners with applicable business group’s leadership on approaches to ensure the overall project or portfolio remains on track and to determine approaches to resolve variances
- Oversees the project activities and deliverables, including manages schedules, financials, and project change requests
- Forecasts and tracks the effort and cost of the portfolio of projects across one or more business group(s) and/or several program(s) within the Company
- Confirms scope, develops and/or reviews estimating assumptions for a project’s schedule, effort, and cost using established estimating models
- Manages the Estimate At Completion (EAC) and revalidate the estimates at key transition points in the development lifecycle, if applicable
- Measures and monitors progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure the project(s) is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
- For projects involving external clients: understands the client expectations, and participates in appropriate steering committee and status reviews with the client.
- Leads and manages special projects for business group leadership
- Manages staffing and/or resources deployment process across the business group/function and customer support ensuring all needs are thorough and within budget.
- Manages relationships and coordinates work between teams at different global locations.
- Projects staffing planning and justification, internal placements, organizational change, management reporting, Offshore/global resource planning,
- Drives project teams to adhere to processes regarding project level resource management and forecasting and serves as the subject matter expert for planning tool.
- Ensures staffing process between Human Resources/recruiting team and hiring managers flows well and provides support on issues.
- Drive teams to adhere to existing processes and defines new/improved processes across the program/business operations and/or program office management function.
- Administers and communicates job expectations, planning, monitoring, enforcing policies and procedures
- Supervises team member(s) and assumes people management responsibilities including, but not limited to, the management of direct reports, writing and conducting annual performance reviews, managing underperformance, and serving as a hiring manager
- Mentors and develops team members
Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, with 10-12 or more years of professional experience; or
- Master’s degree and 8+ years of professional experience;
- 6-8 years’ experience in a Program/ Project Management, Business Analyst, or Project Administrator role
- 6-8 years related industry experience in IT, Insurance and/or Project Management
- 5+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Additional experience may be required depending on the business group’s function
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software
- If applicable, may require experience with implementation of Duck Creek Example Platform solutions for Policy Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims a plus
- Expertise and knowledge to deliver superior outcomes for operations, clients, and employees
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage a local and offshore team
- Acts independently and requires minimal direction
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to on-going change and works in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Exceptional time and priority management skills to drive expected outcomes, and works effectively with tight deadlines
- Ability to drive third party relationships when required
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skill
- High level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to present and drive effective communication with all levels, including but not limited to DCT leadership and/or customers
- Ability to build relationships with external customers and internal departments
- Highly effective in collaboration across teams
- Provides a high quality work product and practices continuous improvement
- Ability to travel to customer locations or other work locations, if applicable
- Must be a critical thinker with an eye for identifying process improvements across the organization and the ability to effectively implement them
- Proficiency in Excel, JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Workday
- Travel: 25-50%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.