Sr Manager Technical Operations at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers. Convergence of LMR and broadband networks, new requirements such as live mobile video transmission, software solutions providing real time intelligence, and Next Generation 911 are transforming public safety communications systems.
Our systems engineering teams design and integrate these wireless networks and command centers enabling voice and end to end IP based data solutions. We serve the Mid-Atlantic States including Washington DC. The department is a post sales engineering team.
Manage and lead a team of project engineers, and contractors. The project engineering manager will lead and manage all of the deliverables associated with the engineering team to include the following:
1. Lead the design review process,
a. Configuration management
b. Contract Reviews
c. Quality Reviews & Audits
2. Attend & Prepare for Customer Monthly Status Meetings
3. Lead Weekly Engineering Meetings
4. Track all Internal Engineering Action Items/Issues
5. Track Yearly Goals and Progress.
6. Track and update requests for information (RFIs)
7. Ensure All Submittals occur for 35%, 65% and 95%
a. Ensure all are approved and responded to.
8. Lead Engineering Internal Design Reviews
a. Ensure all are documented for auditing purposes.
b. Review all designs and acceptance test plans - or ensure Subject matter expert’s review them.
9. Track all Testing (contractual and non-contractual)
a. Follow the strict quality process
10. Lead Quality Control of Below Ground design
11. Lead Quality Control
12. Review PMP (Project Management Plan), QA/QC Plan, and DCP (Design Control Plan)
a. Ensure all plans followed
13. Support Program Director on Strategy/Priorities/Issues/Risks
14. Lead Quality / Risk Issues
a. Work with Quality PM - prepare for Internal Audits
b. Act as the lead on External Audits related to Engineering Design Review process, Testing, implementation, etc...
15. Support Schedule, Quality, Above Ground, Site Acquisition, Safety, Below Ground and Subscriber PM’s.
16. Ensure Engineers get needed Training.
17. Ensure Engineers understand process & expectations.
18. Track and ensure adherence to Version and Revision Control for all Design Documentation
19. Ensure 35%, 65% and 95% Milestones are met for all Subsystems.
20. Lead Traffic Loading Analysis
21. Lead Staging for Above and Below Ground.
22. Lead Decision Request development and process. And Change Orders.
23. Review System Acceptance Test Program
24. Stamp all acceptance test plan’s and As-Builts (via Acrobat)
- BS Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or Equivalent Work Experience and 6 years industry experience
- OR 8+ years of industry experience
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.