Sr Mgr, Enterprise Operations, Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 400+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,500,000 unique products.
The Sr. Manager Enterprise Operations will be responsible for the management of contracts and vendors across the organization ensuring the needs and requirements of the business are met that are consistent with the company’s strategies, commitments and goals. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, he or she will lead, coordinate, and/or liaise with partners through the delivery of a variety of operational projects relating to contracts and vendor management across the company, its affiliates and suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This job will be a leadership role with 1-3 direct reports.
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex agreements (master service agreements, software license agreements (SaaS), professional service agreements, SLAs, SOWs) that support the company across all business units.
- Closely partner with supplier management, risk management, data security/privacy and other teams to ensure risk mitigation.
- Provide guidance on contract and vendor management matters to business leaders or other operational staff, including training of employees in contracting policies and procedures.
- Identify and assess both legal and operational risks associated with assigned contracting efforts and ensure proper awareness of such risks to relevant executive leadership.
- Lead efforts in establishing best practices and systems with regards to contracts and vendor performance management that is consistent with corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure vendors are meeting the needs of the business while driving performance improvement and vendor risk mitigation strategies.
- Lead vendor performance evaluations and issues resolution.
- Responsible for the effective execution of contract and vendor management strategies through the individual contributors on the team.
- Bachelor’s degree required. JD or MBA preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in contracts management and negotiation, preferably in an in-house legal or procurement department.
- At least three (3) years of experience leading and managing a team of contracts/vendor management professionals.
- Professional certifications such as CCCM, CPCM, CP, CLA or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in online eCommerce or related industry preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and G-Suite.
- Expertise managing a contracts database (i.e., Cobblestone, SAP CLM, Apttus or similar) within an organization.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and negotiation skills with the ability to interact with individuals across all levels of business.
- Extensive experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating both the legal and business terms of various agreements.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge and experience of project management concepts and procedures.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive team member who can effectively work with leadership team and who is able to communicate (both written and oral) contract, procurement and vendor management concepts to a broad range of business and technical staff.
- Must be very detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously across functional areas to enable the effective management of contracts in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.