Sr. Network Engineer (Wireless LAN)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The Sr. Network Engineer is expected to have a broad level of knowledge of network domain technologies, platforms and principles, to include: route/switch protocols, LAN/WAN, wireless networking, datacenter, high-availability design, Application Delivery Controller, Web Application Firewall, Domain Name Service and IP management, Data Visibility Fabric, Content Delivery Network, Data Analytics, WAN optimization, Network Time Protocol and Network Monitoring.
- Leads, facilitates and assists senior engineers with developing strategic architecture for next generation network services and emerging transport methods.
- Makes well thought out decisions on moderate to complex network engineering issues.
- Engineers, develops and tests infrastructure.
- The individual will also be responsible for assisting in the definition of monitoring and trending scenarios for the operational teams to increase efficiencies.
- Will assist in driving complex modifications and/or upgrades to existing network infrastructure in support of evolving enterprise requirements.
- Is vigilant on unit cost reduction and cost containment.
- Propagates common goals, direction and standards established by more Senior Engineers.
- Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced team members.
- Monitors project schedules and unit/total costs.
- Provides escalation support as required.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- This position specifically requires 6-8 years of hands-on wireless network engineering experience.
- Advance knowledge in designing and implementing solutions including Identity Services Engine, 802.1X and Cisco Wire LAN Controllers and Access Points is a must.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both management and technical staff.
- Must have strong problem solving skills under minimal direction.
- A CWNP certification is highly desirable
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.