Sr. Network Engineer
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Conduct short and long-term network architecture and planning to meet current and expanding business requirements
- Design and implement both LAN and WAN network systems and controls
- Hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- Analyze network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommend network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network problems. Research, analyze, and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance
- Work with IT Support staff to provide support and troubleshooting for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community
- Capacity planning: analyze facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies. Develop capacity planning models
- Disaster recovery: ensure planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met
- Evaluate services and hardware provided by vendors and VARs, recommend changes, and assist with contract and purchasing negotiations
- Manage and deploy system monitoring and management tools such as Splunk, SolarWinds Orion, Wireshark, Nagios, and NMAP
- Design and provide network services, including firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN and 802.1x NAC
You Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 5 years of relevant network design and management experience
- Relevant Cisco Certification, such as - Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Wireless (CCNP Wireless), or Network Security (CCSP)
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, NAT, IPSec VPN tunnel configuration and troubleshooting (IKE1/IKE2), SNMP, and MPLS
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, Palo Alto networks firewalls, BigIP F5 load balancers, Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco NX-OS, Brocade switches, VMWare vcenter or other virtualization platform, basic linux skills
Got These? Even Better:
- Experience with AWS or another cloud platform
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Familiarity with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Familiarity with Brocade equipment
- Strong network security design background
- Network forensics experience (Wireshark, Microsoft Network Monitor, etc)
- Wireless design and implementation experience (Ruckus)
- Software defined networking (vyos, zebra, quagga, etc)
- Experience with troubleshooting SIP phones
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.