Sr. Network Infrastructure Engineer at Morningstar
· Participate in, develop, manage and maintain operational integrity of Morningstar’s global IT infrastructure in a Cisco environment. 15%.
· Support data and VOIP running with enterprise class of switches and dynamic routing algorithms. 5%.
· Conduct network performance analysis to ensure optimal network performance. 5%.
· Create network simulation and modeling for complex network design and behavior prediction. 5%.
· Support system architecture in both physical and virtual server hosting in data centers environment. 10%.
· Manage and support wifi, LAN and global WAN (MPLS) network connectivity. 10%.
· Diagnose service problems with low level packet captures. 10%.
· Improve IT efficiency with automation technology. 7%.
· Collaborate with global peers and operational teams to support IT infrastructure in other global regions. 10%
· Work with 3rd parties and vendors for new technology adoption and service delivery. 5%
· Create and maintain IT infrastructure documentation. 5%
· Out of hours technical support and respond to incidents and alerts as required. 3%
· Work with Information security team to maintain maximum network security and mitigate security threats and attacks. 10%
· Occasional travel in the States or abroad. Average less than 2 days per month
· Master of Science in Computer Engineering or related field.
· 4 years or more network management and support experience.
· 4 years of experience in managing network infrastructure with diversified global datacenters.
· 4 years of experience in maintaining and supporting enterprise class routers and switches in datacenters.
· 4 years of experience in managing network traffic distribution with load balancers.
· 4 years of experience in support and trouble shoot dynamic routing protocols including eBGP/iBGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, HSRP and technologies like VoIP, QoS, route distribution and filtering.
· 4 years of experience in support and trouble shoot switching protocols including STP, trunks, vlans and LACP.
· 4 years of experience in working with multiple telecommunication circuits and transports including Ethernet, MPLS, Wave and WIFI.
· 4 years of experience in network security management with ACL, firewall, proxy, encryption, VPN, MFA, NAT/PAT and security scanning tools like Nessus.
· 4 years of experience in low level trouble shoot with packet captures tools including Wireshark, TCPdump, network taps and filtering, Netflow and syslog in both physical and virtual hosting environment.
· 3 years of experience in utilizing network simulation to model and analyze complex network infrastructure.
· 3 year of experience collaborating closely with global peers for On-Call rotation as well as incident service and supports.
· 3 years of experience in working independently with vendors on installation and diagnostics.
· 2 years of experience with automation tools including Ansible for process and efficiency improvement.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity