Sr Principal, Risk Management at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Reporting to the Director of Payments Protection and Business Risk Management, this highly visible role is responsible for leading the development, implementation and evolution of programs designed to help manage and mitigate risks for internal and external business partners. The role will also be responsible for planning, coordinating, executing, and communicating risk management activities.
This individual will collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners across the payments ecosystem to identify and assess risks to take the necessary actions to maintain an efficient and effective operational and business risk management framework.
· Develop and execute programs to engage with and educate internal and external business partners on activities/best practices to proactively manage risks and controls
· Lead and participate in efforts/initatives to develop and enhance Company and department risk management framework, policies, standards and processes
· Lead and participate in risk management, payments security and incident response events and tabletop exercises
· Build relationships and engage with internal and external business partners on risk and control assessments/initiatives and work with them to implement solutions to help manage risk
· Participate in Payment Industry forums; lead and participate in global operations and risk management summits with business partners
· When restrictions ease- Domestic/International Travel (roughly 25%)
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Security and Intelligence, Law or related field
· 6+ years of experience in Fraud Risk Management, Payment Security, Payment Operations, Risk, Audit, or related experience
· In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Fraud Risk Management, Payment Security, Payment Operations, Risk, Audit, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
· Master's Degree in Business, Security and Intelligence, Law, Finance, Analytics or related field
· 8+ years of experience in Fraud Risk Management, Payment Security, Payment Operations, Risk Management, Audit, or related experience
· CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.