Sr. Risk Analyst
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Sr. Risk Analyst
Support technology risk management activities that include maintaining the inventory of IT risks and controls for the Business Technology organization, and assisting in the periodic assessment/testing of these controls.
- Gain and demonstrate a good understanding of the DFS technology environment and how it supports the business.
- Assist in the evaluation, or test facilitation, of key technology risks and controls.
- Utilize various IT frameworks (COBIT5, ITIL, etc), guidelines and best practices to evaluate and make practical recommendations on IT policies, procedures, standards and controls.
- Communicate observations and recommendations, and facilitate or advise on the development of action plans.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships that foster collaboration.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Financial Services Industry and IT developments.
- Participate as a compliance representative, as needed, for special projects within the Department.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems Administration or an alternative technology related field.
- 2+ years of IT, Project Management, Internal Audit, or Consulting experience
- Knowledge of business risks related to IT general controls (change management, logical security and computer operations)
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to synthesize detailed information and summarize findings succinctly
- Clear and polished communication; ability to articulate clearly and write in an accurate, brief and concise manner
- Ability to execute with minimal supervision and deliver high quality outputs/results
- CISA Certification Previous or current Lean Six Sigma a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.