Sr System Technologist at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
NOTE: Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.
Provide technical support of specialized systems and product applications including troubleshooting of software driven electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture including, but not limited to, legacy analog, advanced digital P25 and data infrastructure. Program, configure, optimize, test and document complex communications systems.
- Able to advise the customer on technical issues and possible future system growth, migration, or enhancement.
- Performs complex system implementation tasks as a subject matter expert. Strives for optimal system performance.
- Able to develop and present technical training.
- Provides guidance in integrating new tools and test equipment into the project implementation process.
- Coaches other ST's, Engineers, and maintenance personnel in methods and procedures of system configuration, optimization, testing, and documentation requirements.
- Responsible for accurate time reporting in Clarity and eTime each week before the day/time determined by manager.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of all tools, test equipment, company owned computer equipment, company owned cellular telephones, and company vehicles assigned. Responsible for calibration of assigned test equipment and keeping the test equipment database up to date.
- Responsible for processing all expense reports within the Motorola Solutions HR Guidelines.
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Does not need supervision. Self directed.
- Must possess CET Master, Associate or appropriate certifications for their role.
- Extensive training and experience in the configuration, testing, and optimization of current Motorola two-way radio subscribers and infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable with Motorola legacy (previous generation) equipment.
- Training and extensive experience in configuring and testing computer networking equipment (routers, hubs, switches, etc.). Network + (or similar) certification.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request.
- Associates degree, or technical school certification, or military training
- Eight years technical work experience
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.