Sr System Technologist at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Emergency Call Handling Support Department provides Tier 4 Technical Support for NG911 Public Safety Answering Points. Job tasks include but are not limited to implementation, maintenance and support of 911 call taking and dispatch solutions. This department works with DevOps, Engineering and Field Service Partners to accomplish assigned tasks. Our employees enjoy the mental challenge of the diversity of technologies supported within the team. They are also rewarded by the opportunity to fix issues within the systems that ultimately save lives.
Provide advanced technical support of Public Safety software solutions in a fast-paced environment. Escalation point for complex trouble tickets. Must have strong knowledge of desktop support, networking (router and switch configuration & troubleshooting), telephony hardware, Telco knowledge, supporting software applications, and diagnosing complex system architectures. Must be a diligent researcher, troubleshooting and reproducing issues to resolution. Must be capable of installing server hardware/OS, troubleshooting system infrastructure and application architecture. Create, update, manage, and resolve support tickets. Empower team via knowledge transfer. Participation in the on-call rotation is required.
Responsibilities of the Sr System Technologist include but are not limited to:
- Manages OEM and Emergency Call Handling product escalations.
- Coordinates field testing with Product Line Management, Development, and Technical Services for areas respective to new product applications, components, networks, or service requirements.
- Interfaces with Product Development to develop and test future technologies for Technical Services.
- Maintains individual product configuration in the Lab.
- Assists in testing future software products to develop support and troubleshooting documentation.
- Maintains and expands expertise for telephony network concepts and technologies (SS7 / Routing / Geospatial Routing) as the subject matter expert for these technologies.
- Travels to direct sites to fill the role of Support Engineer when Onsite Support Engineers must leave their site for vacation or training.
- Creates Site Specific Method of Procedures as necessary.
- Provides input and participates in interviews of prospective Support Engineers for future sites or staff replacements.
- Develops and provides corporate-level technical training to customer support centers
- Supports the operation, installation, maintenance, and service of Motorola Solutions Products.
- Provides Tier 4 technical support over the telephone to customers in solving Hardware, Software, & Configuration of an NG911 Call Taking and Dispatching Solution.
- Manage tickets in a timely manner within service management tools.
- Troubleshooting a wide range of technical issues from front-end GUI issues to server-side application, GIS, database, telco-related, desktop or system issues.
- Creating and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Deploy and manage software upgrades.
- Act as an escalation point for complex trouble tickets for Tier 3 Support.
- Acts as the Technical Support escalation point for customer field service technicians.
- Mentor customers in the areas of product knowledge, troubleshooting, and case management.
- Develop, maintain, review, and delivers technical, product support, and workflow documentation.
- Participate in on-call rotation for support calls and escalations.
- Works variable shifts dictated by support needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred
- 3+ years of customer support experience
- 3+ years of IT support experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations & troubleshoot critical issues while maintaining effective communication with Customer and Motorola Management.
- Working knowledge of Analog and Digital Telephony
- Microsoft MCSE or equivalent experience
- Cisco CCNA certifications or related experience
- In-depth installation, configuration, and troubleshooting experience for Windows Server 2008, 2012, Windows 7, Windows 10 Operation Systems
- Experience with Windows Domain architecture/ integration / Active Directory
- Experience in providing Linux/UNIX technical support to customers
- Experience with troubleshooting various server/desktop hardware related issues
- Experience with Servers (Dell and HP)
- Experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN
- Experience with VOIP applications
- Experience with PBX (Asterisk or others) and Premise systems
- Experience troubleshooting 3rd party application integration
- Ability to assist the Technical Support Services Team in training, daily operations, escalations, and assignments concerning Technical Support.
- Experience with VMware virtualization suites
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (Azure or AWS)
- Experience with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) Applications
- Experience with database related technology and administration (MySql or SQL Server)
- Experience with firewalls and security related applications
- Experience with GIS applications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of customer support experience
As an employer of 100 or more employees, Motorola Solutions has implemented a policy requiring all U.S. employees reporting to a workplace (anywhere you are performing services on behalf of Motorola Solutions) where other people are present (including coworkers and customers) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by February 9, 2022. Any employees not fully vaccinated by this date will be required to participate in periodic COVID-19 testing.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated, you may apply for a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief. Any offer of employment will be contingent on candidate's ability to demonstrate proof of vaccination (unless approved for a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief) or willingness to participate in periodic COVID-19 testing.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.