Sr Systems Engineer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewApplications Practice Office is part of North America Systems Integrations Organization with Motorola Solutions. Application Practice Office (APO) is committed to enabling mission critical applications, adding value to our customer’s investments and providing best in class delivery experience.
Design & Quotation Support
Standards, Best Practices & Process Development
Implementation, Upgrade & Migration Support
Technical Support Services (Escalation)
Continuing Education & Training Development
Technical Vendor Management
- Develops, designs, evaluates, and/or modifies systems consistent with customer and regulatory requirements. Develops system architecture, and ensures the integrity of the architecture/design.
- Technical Authority providing overall technical leadership for the project implementation.
- Works with customer to understand overall solutions needs and functionality of MSI and third party applications.
- Takes ownership of the technical solution from pre and post-sale. Works with the project manager to develop the project deployment schedule.
- Identify technical risks of the projects and works with PM on mitigation plans.
- Identify customer expectation mismatch to how products work and works with PM on mitigation plans.
- Technical counterpart with the PM in third party vendor, customer, and internal facing meetings.
- Owns project change control as it pertains to the overall technical solution.
- Strong collaborative skills strongly desired
- BS Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or similar and 5+ years of engineering experience
OR 8+ years industry engineering experience
Travel RequirementsUnder 25%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.