Sr Systems Engineer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
Our Company has an outstanding track record of success and strives to build long term relationships with our customers. Customer satisfaction is given great emphasis and we strive to build a trusted adviser relationship with every customer.
The customer team comprises Sales, Project Management, System Engineering and System Technologist personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
Many of our systems are designed around the APCO Project 25 communications standard. With the growth of data services some of our customer’s mobile wireless networks are being enhanced with LTE infrastructure for applications such as live mobile video transmission supplementing our traditional core voice and narrow-band data networks.
The Senior System Engineer will take responsibility for and oversee all technical aspects of assigned project from Sales until system completion.
- Liaise with customers and project team to document and clarify solution requirements for Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems.
- Final Design and implementation of the radio network including infrastructure, subscribers, and mobile back-haul
- System staging
- Manage and conduct factory & field acceptance tests.
- Radio coverage testing and interference mitigation
- Radio system licensing (FCC/NTIA)
- Preparation of system fleet-map, encryption and radio programming templates
- Complete system documentation
- System upgrade
- Ensure installation and configuration is in accordance with documentation and contracted Quality Installation Standards.
- Ensure all equipment meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements. Issue and resolve non-conformance reports.
- Provide installation guidelines to sub-contractors.
- Support the Project Team in understanding technical requirements.
Desired Skills (Not required):
- Experience with Motorola land mobile radio system deployments or upgrades.
- Excellent understanding of Communication systems and IP Networks.
- Excellent understanding of network management systems (SNMP).
- Experience as a Project Engineer in LMR or similar systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.