Sr. Tandem Non-Stop Systems Support
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for highly complex support of the company’s information technology, applications, and servers, which includes analysis, installation, testing, maintenance, operations, planning, response to service outages, and other problems. Ensures the integration of various elements of technology so that they function effectively for end users. Installs, maintains, and monitors software and servers, ensuring proper administration of software licensing and updates. Configures, maintains, and monitors security access control systems.
- Review HP Software announcements for Software Product Releases
- Support Network configuration changes as well as System Utility tools (SCF, MEASURE, TMF, Software Essentials, etc.)
- Backup and Restore setup and maintenance
- Address Non-Stop Hardware and Software errors, review using EMS, WebViewpt and Prognosis
- Install New Operating Systems across multiple NonStop Platforms (Prod, Cert, Dev, Test)
- Perform the needed research to implement new Operating Systems in various environments on HPE NS7X & NS3X platforms.
- Open tickets with HP Global Support Center and track progress to find resolution.
- 24X7 On Call Support
- Change Control activities using ServiceNow incident management
- System Software Updates (new releases or patches: NonStop)
- Maintain system Startup and Shutdown procedures
- System Performance review using Measure, Prognosis and Webviewpt
- Interfacing and assisting Application and Command Center Support teams
- Participating in Audit Reviews
- Maintain 3rd party products Prognosis, XYPRO, Comforte, etc
- Team leader and mentor other team members
- Complete all security training, read ongoing security-related communications and acknowledge understanding such communications as requested by Management
- Ensure system patches are installed according to Vulnerability Management Progra
- Designs and implements short- and long-term strategic goals and roadmaps for managing and maintaining systems and software for Continuous Integration, Test Data Management, and Test automation.
- Provides security-first mindset using standard established risk controls when implementing a solution or feature.
- Strategizes and manages requirements from multiple Values Streams in co-ordination with Business and BT.
- Establishes approach for early component-level testing through various capabilities, including synthetic data generation, on-demand app provisioning, virtualizing dependencies, and continually evaluating it to meet application design changes.
- Leads a team of members and assists building-enhanced software capabilities in the area of Test Data Management (TDM), Continuous Integration, and Quality Architecture. Mentors other engineers in understanding the approach, tools, and process
- Works closely with the disaster recovery function in planning and coordinating business continuity efforts, including backup and restoration of data and ensuring high systems availability. Evaluates and implements new tools for continually improving the existing process and system architecture is aligned with enterprise goals.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in managing TDM, CI, or Quality Architecture for a large organization. Strong programming skills, primarily in Java.
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in hands-on development in multiple programming languages with distributed infrastructure
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience as Systems Engineer, or related field
- 7+ years of Tandem NonStop experience.
- Prior experience with TACL Macro Programming, Spooler, NetBatch, FUP, TCPIP, Listener, SQLCI, NonStop CLIM and SSH as well as Oracle Golden Gate
- Experience creating and supporting SQL databases (including reloads and re-partitioning).
- Experience creating and supporting TACL routines, macros, obey files
- Managing statistics on measure data.
- Experience with Backup and Restore data.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work with HPE Global Support Center and Professional Services team.
- Ability to work within a large enterprise environment and on cross functional teams.
- Ability to understand, manage, and communicate priorities and expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Advanced troubleshooting ability.
- Work rotating on-call schedule and be available to work after hours and on weekends.
- Ability to work and excel in a fast paced and changing environment.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.