Sr. Technology Business Mgmt Analyst at OCC
The Sr. Technology Business Management Analyst is responsible for assisting in the design, implementation, and maintenance of an IT Business Management analytics platform . This platform provides executives with the knowledge to manage and communicate the cost, quality and value of IT Services. This platform enables the proactive management of IT spend to budget, the understanding of infrastructure costs and trends, the shared accountability of IT costs with the business, and the management of the application portfolio through visibility into application total cost of ownership (TCO). This role will also play a part in the administrative oversight of technology budget planning and forecasting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather functional and business requirements and rapidly translate information into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards and management reports
- Model complex business problems, discover business insights and identify opportunities through the use of mining and visualization techniques
- Import, transform and rationalize data from accounting, finance, IT operational, and business planning systems into selected TBM tool
- Identify automation opportunities within data pipeline and recommend improvements.
- Operationalize data monthly by loading, cleansing, validating, and reviewing on a timely basis
- Participates in collaborative efforts with domain leads, service lines and PMO to drive improved communication and shared direction.
- Supports the TBM process and functions as subject matter expert
- Challenges status quo and drive fit for purpose process that are appropriate for the maturity of the IT organization
- Identifies cost / benefit of IT portfolio to properly identify gaps in bottom line
- Participates in review process to ensure overall budget/forecast consolidation and review.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous work experience in Technology Business Management or IT Finance required
- Previous work experience in a highly regulated, capital markets company preferred
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple levels of management and staff across the organization
- Understanding of IT infrastructure domains
- Knowledge of IT services and financial management process and best practices such as budgeting, cost allocations, capital and operating expense handling
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Highly motivated individual that assumes ownership of their projects.
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills to be able to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to provide solutions that meet the business objectives and deliver on time, on budget, with a high degree of quality
- Experience with Apptio or detailed IT cost models required
- Experience with building data models related to application total cost of ownership (TCO) required
- Strong data transformation skills using MS Excel required
- Expert with numbers, above-average analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
- MBA or related graduate level course work a plus