Sr Technology Business Mgmt Analyst at OCC
The Sr. Technology Business Management Analyst is responsible for assisting in the operationalization and maintenance of a Technology Business Management (TBM) solution designed to position executives with the knowledge to manage and communicate the cost, quality and value of IT Services. This role will also play a part in the overall IT governance processes as well as the assist in the administrative oversight of overall budget planning and forecasting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather functional and business requirements and rapidly translate information into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards and management reports
- Import, transform and rationalize data from systems of record into selected TBM tool
- Operationalize data monthly by loading, validation and reviewing on a timely basis
- Perform monthly forecasting and budget reconciliation and analysis for AWS and Cloud Management Platforms
- Participates in collaborative efforts with domain leads, service lines and PMO to drive improved communication and shared direction.
- Supports the TBM process and functions as subject matter expert
- Challenges status quo and drive fit for purpose process that are appropriate for the maturity of the IT organization
- Assist with the development of an IT financial forecasting process.
- Identifies cost / benefit of IT portfolio to properly identify gaps in bottom line
- Participates in review process to ensure overall budget/forecast consolidation and review.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous work experience in Technology Business Management or IT Finance required
- Previous work experience in a highly regulated, capital markets company preferred
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple levels of management and staff across the organization
- Understanding of IT infrastructure domains
- Knowledge of IT services and financial management process and best practices such as budgeting, cost allocations, capital and operating expense handling
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Highly motivated individual that assumes ownership of their projects.
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills to be able to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to provide solutions that meet the business objectives and deliver on time, on budget, with a high degree of quality
- Experience with TBM tools such as Apptio
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Strong data transformation skills using MS Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Finance, or related field
- MBA or related graduate level course work a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience