Staff Technical Support Engineer - Federal at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Global Technical Support team is diverse, creative, fast-growing team! We provide technical support round the clock. Support Centers are located in Australia, India, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, UK and US. We are looking for engineers who have passion for technology, problem solving and eager to help customers. We work with different internal teams to provide great customer experience. We thrive to meet objectives, maintaining work focus despite obstacles or setbacks.
"This position requires passing a ServiceNow background screening, USFedPASS (US Federal Personnel Authorization Screening Standards). This includes a credit check, criminal/misdemeanor check and taking a drug test. Any employment is contingent upon passing the screening. Due to Federal requirements, only US citizens, US naturalized citizens or US Permanent Residents, holding a green card, will be considered."
We are looking for a highly experienced Staff Support Engineer with a passion for excellence and enthusiasm to lead. The Staff Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving challenging issues for ServiceNow *Federal partners and customers. This includes developing subject matter expertise within the *Federal technical support department which includes ServiceNow's full scope of supported offerings. The engineer is responsible for owning and resolving issues on a daily basis, technical cases created by customers seeking help to understand or resolve unexpected behavior or answer technical questions about the ServiceNow software and platform.
In this role you will work with our government customers and partners on our full catalog of services including Automation, Service Management, Platform Technologies, Performance, Integrations, and User Experience. Support engineers use the ServiceNow platform via an internal implementation of its tools to diagnose customer issues. Cases are created by customers and managed by engineers using the ServiceNow software platform. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform and all core functionality. This is a customer-facing role in a very collaborative environment and therefore it requires strong interpersonal skills. This opportunity may evolve to include additional responsibilities and opportunities for career growth.
What you get to do in this role:
Customer Advocate providing support to users/administrators of our platform. Contributing to the growth of best practices for delivery of support services.
- Understand our platform, cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations.
- Manage and resolve all issues.
- Experience assessing, troubleshooting, resolving and providing root cause analysis for ServiceNow Product issues.
- Manage customers' expectations and experience in a way that results in high customer satisfaction.
- Maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and use that expertise to help customers.
- Opportunity to become Subject Matter Expert in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize that expertise effectively to help customers. Share and deliver knowledge sessions with peers globally.
- Opportunity to create scripts to automate repetitive tasks or scripts to enable faster troubleshooting.
- Help in development and mentoring of team members in various technologies and ServiceNow Platform.
- Suggest and implement improvements to internal processes.
- Work on technical and non-technical projects.
- Communicate with customers and our teams through case, phone and other electronic methods.
- Create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the customers.
- Maintain impeccable case hygiene and customer related files and records.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Minimum of 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.8+ years Technical Support expertise
- Highly experienced in their ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues with ease
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers
- Understanding of basic networking and system administration.
*Employees must be able to work 8a-5p Monday - Friday. Flexibility is required during non-standard business hours including weekends and holidays on a rotational basis.
Nice to Haves
- Ability to read Java
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow Platform
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, and/or CMDB
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.