At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
-Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions and supply chain management. We utilize technology to simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers by handling the critical tasks on their behalf so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that ship their product with carriers who transport those goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo Global Logistics has recently been ranked in Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Employer in Chicago along with other recognitions as the top 3PL provider. We are looking for incredible people to join our team and help carry out our mission of providing our clients with best in class service and technology!
Reporting to the Senior Manager Systems Engineering, the IT Operations Engineer will work together to support data center infrastructure heavily focused on storage. This individual will have an extensive knowledge in storage area networks and architecture. Additionally, can be knowledgeable and have an understanding of the multiple disciplines of IT. These areas can include some server hardware and software both Windows and Linux, SQL/Server, network infrastructure, virtualization/cloud computing as it relates and interacts with storage. Success in this role requires technical knowledge and experience, organizational skills and an eagerness to do whatever it takes to get the job done effectively and efficiently while continually challenging and improving the status quo.
- Responsible for the implementation, management, and operational support of large complex storage arrays and their related systems.
- Design, development, implementation and support of new technology, storage hardware and software technology solutions and management, monitoring tools, and reporting.
- Schedule and perform all storage system maintenance to maximize the efficiency of IT efforts.
- Monitor and analysis of statistics on storage utilization and performance to ensure optimization.
- Produce regular reporting and storage growth to IT management to understand trends and future needs.
- Work alongside IT Infrastructure team members to support IT and the company storage needs and requests, working with tickets and change requests.
- Manage and support all storage needs in relation to disaster recovery processes and projects.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation diagrams of the enterprise storage and backup infrastructure and configurations.
- Contribute towards the implementation of a broad range of large enterprise infrastructure projects
- Build, execute, and analyze proof-of-concept projects
- Work on documented project plans
- Serve as the data storage subject matter expert
- Prioritize multiple projects and operational support
- Follow through with projects to their completion
- Open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers.
- Practices positive interactions - leans on encouragement in place of judgment.
- Impresses responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent years of experience in overall IT
- Experience in IT storage infrastructure.
- Experience in Data Center technology and infrastructure
- Experience in aspects of network zoning and how it applies to storage specifically Cisco 5000 series switching.
- Experience with NetApp and Pure storage products.
- Experience with Backup/Recovery Products, Commvault (preferred)
- Experience with block level storage/LUN’s, CIFS, and cluster shared volume storage.
- Experience with storage in relation to Cisco UCS server blade environments.
- Experience with the Windows Server Environment is required.
- Experience in developing IT infrastructure Solutions utilizing compute technologies e.g. Linux (RHEL, CentOS), Wintel (VMware/Active Directory), Storage/Backup (SAN/NAS), Databases (SQL, MySQL), Network (Cisco iOS)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experienced with Operating Systems and Storage Area Networks (SAN) and backup solutions.
- Capacity Planning.
- San/Storage Area Networking, Storage Administration, Storage Management, IT Backup Storage Storage Devices.
- Enterprise Networks
- Knowledge of other Systems Engineering, Infrastructure, IT Operational concepts/disciplines/best practices preferred.
- Experienced with SQL Server and AG databases preferred.
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
Read Full Job Description