At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
Position overview The Strategic Sourcing Director will establish a procurement function focused on building a governance structure with established metrics and monitoring mechanisms across key areas of our business. This will be done by leading the development & implementation of strategic sourcing strategies and long-term sourcing roadmap that align with specific business needs. This individual will also develop new or re-assess existing sourcing processes, relationships, and policies that are central to strategic sourcing including spend analytics, 3rd party contractor and supplier performance/relationship management, provider qualification, risk mitigation / contingency planning, and contract management. This individual will establish tracking metrics to ensure that the organization achieves best value from its relationships with its external partners and deliver the best business outcomes. This role will work closely with the company’s legal and product management / development teams to understand the necessary requirements of relationships, manage the overall contracting process, and negotiate final agreements.
Specific responsibilities and activities:
• Act as sourcing subject matter expert in consulting with the business to identify, develop and deploy best practice procurement and supplier management; sourcing/procurement scope will include data and content services that drive our products, excluding IT and facilities-related vendors
• Develop organization-wide procurement and sourcing function to ensure the organization achieves visible results
• Provide in-depth analysis around spend, supplier assessment, financials and market data/price trends to improve vendor selection, define contracting terms/goals, and reduce costs
• Undertake thorough due diligence with potential partner companies in order to assist internal stakeholders with selection of the right option, including the identification of alternative sources which may mitigate business risk
• Lead cross-functional negotiation teams to perform contract negotiations with selected suppliers
• In close partnership with the Legal department, review, draft, and agreements
• Establish KPIs to track and monitor supplier and process performance/service level, mitigate risk and develop contingency plans
• Analyze opportunities to improve existing contracts
• Manage disputes with suppliers as necessary when appropriate
• Manage, coordinate and support special projects as needed
· Extensive experience identifying and interfacing with 3rd party suppliers, both local and offshore
· Sound business acumen, supported by strong analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as detail orientation
· Strong working knowledge of relevant licensing concepts and contract terms
· Ability to assess and mitigate risk from a company, project, business, financial and contractual perspective, including a working knowledge of legal terms and conditions, long-term impacts of various business terms and conditions
· Demonstrable experience in creating vendor/partner relationships that deliver quality services, cost efficiency and diversity of services.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; Resourceful and proactive in achieving success in the face of ambiguity, while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
· Excellent project management and time management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· 7-10 years of sourcing experience, preferably in a B2B software company that relies on multiple external data sources
· Demonstrated experience sourcing partners who are Minority or Female owned Vendors or Partners
· Knowledge of technology / software industry and/or experience in other sectors where licensing is prevalent (e.g., pharmaceutical, medical devices, telecommunications)
· Undergraduate degree from a competitive institution; graduate degree beneficial
About the company’s Commitment to its employees:
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, and stock options.
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and values, and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate and stay strong. We regularly measure our employee’s engagement and job satisfaction and consistently score well above industry norms – our employees love their jobs!
Why Choose CCC?
We make it a priority to keep employees enriched, healthy and happy.
· Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, leadership development opportunities and training and learning programs,
· Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
· Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building
Our benefit plans include: medical, dental, vision, paid vacation/PTO/holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k) plan with company match and more.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago, by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.