Strategy and Operations Associate at Tempus (Chicago, IL)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What You’ll Do
Within our Real World Data business, the Clinical Data Operations team manages the strategy, planning and daily operations of the clinical data abstraction team who are responsible for reviewing clinical records, structuring key data elements, and building a clinical repository to fuel insights and decision-making for Tempus and our partners.
We are looking for a Strategy & Operations Associate to plan and manage the Clinical Data Operations team’s increasingly complex workstreams. As a Strategy & Operations Associate, you will be responsible for building implementation plans, outlining project costs and tradeoffs, and driving improvements in our team KPIs.
- Strategize: Develop prioritization frameworks, implementation plans, and growth strategies for our most strategic workstreams. Understand how to balance short term and long term tradeoffs
- Set a high bar: Establish KPIs to ensure a successful implementation of key workstreams, including establishing benchmarks/ goals to clearly measure progress, and hold teams accountable to achieving the KPIs
- Turn strategy into action: Program manage all aspects of the complex projects required to bring excellent execution to our team
- Collaborate: Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure we are working as one team to meet our strategic initiatives
- Analyze: Quantify everything you do. Utilize data-driven decision making to understand business trends and craft your recommendations
- Iterate: Our team, workstreams and company are growing quickly - nothing is plug and play, but you'll work to bring the best processes and learning from each project over to the next to constantly improve
- 1+ year of experience in operations, project management, finance, strategy, management consulting, investment banking, or other applicable fields
- Excellent Excel / Google Sheets and PowerPoint / Google Slides skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to tackle problems logically; a data-driven approach to decision making and sound business judgment to determine project performance and financial viability
- Strong project management skills; ability to bring order to ambiguous problems and help align internal and external partners through to execution.
- Bias toward action and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and execution
- Phenomenal collaborator and someone who proactively partners across teams
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and possess strong organization and time management skills
- You take a creative approach to solving problems; you enjoy experimentation and are willing to take bold bets despite risk of failure
- Proficiency in or desire to learn SQL