Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models.
We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes. With around 300 employees, we are a growing global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Our Strategy Team is responsible for working across all of our Lines of Business and shaping the long-term growth and scalability of our business. The team has a variety of responsibilities which include spearheading our strategic planning process, building our external perspectives on the market, advising on and executing ad-hoc projects, and developing key customer and partner relationships.
What we expect from you
You are able to break down the ambiguous into the structured. You assess a problem statement, build hypotheses, analyze data, and draw meaningful conclusions. You have enough of an understanding of the common tools and frameworks to be able to mold and adopt these tools to the question being asked. You’re able to take a step back from the detail and recognize patterns and bigger picture themes. You have a genuine curiosity and willingness to learn about topics you may not be familiar with. You show initiative and drive. You champion ideas and people to achieve breakthrough results. You seek first to understand, then to be understood. While you can work effectively with others, you’re also not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You communicate effectively, in a structured and well-articulated manner. You’re able to build a rapport as a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders both within relayr and externally.
Our Strategy Team is growing and there is a strong focus on aligning our efforts across all teams to support our long term strategy, preparing the organization for growth, and empowering relayr’s ability to scale. We are looking for a Strategy Manager who will be an active contributor in shaping and implementing our strategy and focus on topics that drive our long-term growth and scalability. The overarching goal of this role will be to help develop and execute on the organization’s strategy while working cross functionally with other Lines of Businesses. This role will be based in our Chicago office.
This is an important role within the organization and will report into our Director of Strategy and have visibility with the Senior Management Team. It will also carry a great amount of exposure and collaboration with stakeholders across relayr’s broader organization and Munich RE group. You will be expected to apply a pragmatic lens to challenge and advance relayr’s long-term strategy, ensure its adoption in everyday operations, and support the company as it scales.
Job Responsibilities & Key Objectives:
- Works closely with the Strategy team to design and execute our strategic planning process. Drives the overarching strategic roadmap for the organization and helps us define our long-term KPIs.
- Assists the senior management team and shapes the development of relayr’s long-term strategy.
- Identifies the long-term capabilities the organization needs to invest in and supports the development of these capabilities.
- Supports individual lines of business in developing, navigating, and delivering initiatives which contribute to the overarching company strategy and goals.
- Works on ad-hoc, strategic projects within the broader Munich RE group.
- Develops business cases (including long-term forecasts, cost-benefit analysis, etc.) for strategic initiatives and engagements.
- Supports projects championed or initiated by relayr’s CEO or COO.
- Promotes relayr’s vision and long-term strategy across the organization and ensures company goals are understood and adhered to.
- Executes ad-hoc strategic and operational initiatives which don’t neatly align to the roles and responsibilities of other Lines of Businesses.
- Provides our go-to-market teams with support on strategically important customer and partner relationships.
- Participates in our M&A process and executing pre and post-deal partnership, investment, and acquisition activities.
- Becomes an active contributor in developing thought leadership within relayr, and represents relayr in the industrial IoT and the digitalization space.
- Documents frameworks, processes, reporting, and creates communication material related to our strategy and initiatives.
- The ideal candidate has 5-7 years of experience in management or strategy consulting, strategic planning, or a similar domain with a top-tier management consultancy or with a technology-focused organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, science or other closely-related domain. An MBA or other similar degree qualification is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Background working directly in or with large enterprises and corporations and an ability to blend into our start-up environment.
- Structured approach, familiar with setting up new programs, creating new processes, managing multiple stakeholders, and driving initiatives across different organizations.
- Ability to conduct quantitative analysis using Excel. Additional analysis and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, R, Python, Power BI) are a plus.
- Ability to influence and align stakeholders, facilitation and coaching skills are a plus.
- Experience with business change, business transformation programs, and digitalization journeys.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and frequent change.
- Executive presence.
- Willingness to travel up to 25-50%.
- Fluent in English; German, French, Italian, Spanish, or additional languages are a plus
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world – Germany, Poland, US, UK, France, Italy.
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe.
- Competitive salary and a learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, a focus on growth.
- Knowledge sharing from the best entrepreneurs in the industry.
- Easy integration into a highly professional and passionate team.
- Good office location in central Chicago area
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!