Supervisor, Business Operations
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best-known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of diversely trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating engagement campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include T-Mobile, McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, and more!
We are looking for a Supervisor, Business Operations to organize, oversee a single client with multiple digital and mobile engagement projects at a time, ensuring they are delivered on time and on budget, and meet client expectations. This role will communicate with Account to provide project information (e.g. status, risk, issues, deliverables) assuring that the solution is understood and addresses business requirements. The Supervisor, Business Operations also will ensure that the challenge and requirements are understood by the team (Account, Marketing Operations, Creative, Production, etc) and will plan, organize and partner with the Creative Resource manager to control the activities of team members to deliver the project to expectation. This role is also responsible for managing the client workflow process, internal stakeholder engagement, accurate financial management and may also participate in business development process.
Client and Project planning
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business, needs, expectations, and requirements.
- Collaborates with project team to drive the workflow approach, deliverables, schedule and workflow tools to deliver the project within established requirements.
- Partners with Account team and other project team members to estimate resource needs, costs and timing for tasks, utilizing established estimating process and tools.
- Traffics and coordinates all activities of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed by: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, reviews, etc.), and communicating action steps to team.
- Develops, maintains, reviews and/or distributes all project documentation including requirements, project schedules, budgets, status reports, invoices, change orders, and postmortem reviews.
- Ensures that all project documentation and processes are produced and executed in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved.
- Collaborates on the content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality and timeliness.
- Manages and controls project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Responsible for raising and maintaining awareness of all project issues and risks and for identifying and working with appropriate parties to develop solutions.
- Manages project financial lifecycle, including estimates, revenue forecasts, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc.
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
- 4+ years of experience managing projects, preferably within digital or mobile
- Experience within an integrated marketing agency or environment strongly preferred
- Experience in Digital Marketing or Mobil App Development strongly preferred
- Solid knowledge of one or more of the following: Agile/ Kanban/ Hybrid workflow development life cycles, web and mobile technologies and development processes, delivery of solutions with creative components, digital strategy projects
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Ability to work and traffic multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- Knowledge and/ or certified in workflow methodologies- agile, Kanban, hybrid processes and tools
- Knowledge and experience with workflow and collaboration tools- JIRA, Trello, Slack, MS Teams,
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on details and driving results
- Working knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation