Supervisor, Consumer & Home Equity Underwriting at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
We’re not a typical financial institution – we’re better. We’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities we do business in. We love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of our employees say we are a great workplace that is focused on our mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for managing the daily operations and activities of the direct consumer and home equity loan underwriting teams. The incumbent will manage and monitor the daily workflow of applications through the CLOS system and provide underwriting guidance to the underwriting staff. Responsibilities will also include providing direction to team members on work priorities and on resolving operational issues. This Supervisor will be required to leverage resources and have knowledge of Alliant’s consumer loan underwriting policies and procedures as well as automated lending systems to increase auto decisioning.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Ensures all critical daily tasks of the direct loan underwriting roles are completed timely and accurately, in accordance with Alliant policies and procedures .
- Monitors daily production of the direct consumer and home equity loan underwriting tasks to ensure service level expectations are met by performing audits to ensure procedures are followed.
- Provides training and support for team members by creating updates to underwriting guidelines and procedures.
- Handles escalated member issues and internal customer concerns as necessary as well as responds to inquiries presented via all types of correspondence regarding direct consumer and home equity underwriting loan issues.
- Test software releases affecting consumer and home equity underwriting as necessary,
- Assist team members with daily tasks as needed at times of high volume
- Recommend enhancements and changes to underwriting guidelines and procedures as necessary to the direct systems as it pertains to direct loan processing with a goal of increasing auto decisioning.
- Translate operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities; delivering on strategy through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Capture, analyze, and understand the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement, agility and growth
- Champion Employee/Internal Customer Engagement, employee development and all cultural hallmarks through a strong leadership signature and a growing command of Alliant’s leadership competencies
- Continually assess and provide discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization for direct reports
- Apply High Performance Management practices in leading an engaged workforce in order to effectively leverage the full potential and talent of this function
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field, and you have:
- 3-5 years’ consumer and/or heloc/home equity loan underwriting management in a direct lending environment
- Familiarity with electronic fund transfers including ACH and wire transfers preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills and focus with experience handling escalated customer service issues is required
- Strong organizational, technical, analytical and decision making skills
- Highly effective at time management with the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge and experience in of consumer lending systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Highly effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to adhere to set deadlines and communicate with various levels of the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off