Supervisor, Customer Operations at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a Customer Operations Support Supervisor, you will be responsible for the management and leadership of the Customer Operations teams to support transactional lending and banking processes on behalf of our customers. The types of functions the team manages include Escalated Customer Cases from Care team, Product Bugs & Issues, Disputes & Chargebacks, Credit Furnishing, Compliance Adherence and Management, etc. The team works alongside Affirm’s San Francisco-based Risk Operations team and with our Customer Care team which handles general customer inquiries.
You will manage a group of passionate and motivated service professionals to achieve targets and create great customer experiences. You will coach, develop and lead the operational support team to resolve complex inquiries and process exception cases in an accurate and timely manner. The Supervisor is instrumental in ensuring the team achieves overall business objectives including productivity, accuracy and customer satisfaction targets.
What You'll Need to Succeed
This role requires an experienced people manager with a strong mentality for process improvement and performance metric and business data analysis. You must be able to demonstrate people engagement skills and have previous experience managing a team.
What You'll Get in Return
A leadership opportunity with a passionate team in a faced-paced, purpose driven environment dedicated to improving the financial lives of our customers.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of Operations Specialists in a hyper-growth environment including developing the team for future changes, managing the team’s change resilience and minimizing performance impacts associated with change
- Drive employee engagement and a high performance culture ensuring effective performance management, coaching, and development and creating an environment where people can excel through accountability, encouragement and empowerment
- Manage performance metrics across multiple channels including customer satisfaction, productivity metrics and service levels including handling cases that meet quality standards
- Partner with recruiting to hire candidates and coordinate with training for on-boarding, ongoing learning and to ensure work is being appropriately assigned and evaluated
- Consistently improve the customer experience across our key channels and products by developing reports and insights on Net Promoter Score and other identified metrics
- Use strong presentation and communication skills to report findings and recommendations to leadership teams
- Identify and implement transformational changes to generate efficiencies and drive better customer experiences while ensuring the teams adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements
- Keep ahead of industry developments and apply standard methodologies to areas of improvement
What We Look For
- 3+ years of experience in people management positions with previous experience working in financial services, fintech, or a complex operational or transactional processing role preferred
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency, high accountability and excellent attention to detail with the capability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Forward thinking approach with ability to problem-solving complex issues to drive shared goals across internal and external teams
- Proven experience in leading teams through major change and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to maintain composure and act as a role model when presented with barriers or when results are not as expected
- Strong customer empathy and service level focus
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.