Supplier Management Analyst (National Brands)
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
This role supports the Supply Manager to achieve cost of goods sold goals across multiple product categories which range from $50M in COGS to $200M in COGS. The analyst is responsible for supporting coordination and communication with all internal stakeholders for any supplier related issues and leading all vendor negotiations / performance discussions on a periodic (monthly/qtrly) cadence. This role will also collaborate with the procurement enablement team as needed to drive best-in-class procurement process standards.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure Grainger has the best product assortment for our customers at the best cost.
- Ensure his/her team’s alignment to Company’s strategic direction
- Within the Product Category Review (PCR) process:
- Evaluate national brand supplier transaction performance
- Document improvement recommendations
- Provide analytical support for supplier negotiations
- Update contracts and establish new supplier agreement letters (SAL)
- Kick-off product life cycle activities (discontinuations, new item adds, etc.)
- Coordinate with supplier to support cross functional needs (enhanced content, product information requests, etc.)
- Procure national brand products based on plan
- Manage national brand product purchasing process
Ongoing focus areas:
Support the buyer/sr. supply manager to execute all inbound and outbound supplier opportunities
Inbound from supplier (examples): supplier driven product discontinuations, procure to pay issues, manufacturing issues, supplier relationship severance, product underperformance (damages, quality, warranty, etc.), product cost change (cost season and other one-offs), new product innovation opportunities
Outbound to supplier (examples): sales force, quotes, RFP, cross-reference, and sourcing support, SSGP, escalations to drive business partner needs (PI, compliance, legal, supplier performance, Zoro, etc.), proactive management of commodity adjustments and business environment changes (bankruptcy, sale of supplier, market changes, etc.)
- Implement all needed changes in Grainger systems
- Provide analytical support as needed (cost season, commodities, etc.)
- Establish and track key commodity and supply market changes and keep buyer and merchant informed of any developments
- Coordinate needed communications with the supplier
- Support and execute a price/cost management strategy, which provides market competitive pricing, minimizes cost inflation, drives top-line sales growth and improves return on invested capital.
- Support buyer/sr. supply manager and meet cost inflation targets for the organization across $50M - $200M in COGS.
- Support efforts to help improve supplier relationships with Grainger and make it easier for suppliers to do business with Grainger.
- Collaborate with the merchandising to bring new suppliers onboard.
- Leverage supplier relationships to meet end-to-end needs across the business to improve customer and team member experience and grow revenue
- Coordinate supplier reach out efforts/needs (i.e. trade data compliance process)
- Supports relationships with suppliers globally. Will interact with key decision makers within the supplier’s organization including Vice Presidents, Presidents and CEOs.
- Work with Supply Chain partners to monitor supplier operational performance – and take appropriate action to improve performance.
- Responsible to support the buyer/sr. supply manager in delivering cost inflation goals across the category portfolio of Grainger’s national brand cost of goods sold
- Responsible to support and build our relationships with ~200+ national brand suppliers globally
- Supplier relationships in Fortune 50 companies, including contract negotiation and execution of contracts valued at hundreds of millions annually
- Working with global businesses to maximize scale resulting in best possible product cost across the globe
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 1+ years business experience with a strong working knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Cost Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Must have an understanding of Company’s business direction, customer requirements, supply management-marketing strategy, and demand generation fulfillment process.
- Proven ability to drive and demonstrate results financially, strategically, and managerially.
- Possesses a clear understanding of suppliers, customers, Grainger’s strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Ability to apply visionary thought process in order to construct executable plans.
- Clear and thorough knowledge of the negotiation process and key stages: Sets high standards and expectations. Ability to maintain strong relationships and be able to influence them. Known as being tough but fair.
- Proven Change Management skills by inspiring teams to welcome change, embrace new directions, and future opportunities. Anticipates change and proactively prepares for it by defining objectives, responsibilities and time frames
- Suppliers: Promote Grainger, share direction, manage assets and determine levels of supplier’s commitment to secure and/or advance our position in the market.
- Industry peers: to ensure best in class processes and procurement practices are introduced across Grainger
- Merchandising: collaborate to establish a clear supplier engagement model for the team
- Sales and Services and branch: Supports selling efforts of the sales and branch organizations through existing and new products.
- Supply Chain: Optimizes the handling, inbound and outbound movement of product, from supplier through to the customer.
- Finance: Conducts profitability of product lines using financial tools. Participates with Accounts Payable and Cost Accounting in managing and improving transactions with suppliers.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status