Support Product Specialist at Cisco Meraki
Support Product Specialist Job Description
Meraki is looking for qualified network engineers to join its Product Specialist team within Support. As a Support Product Specialist, you will be an authority in the function of Meraki’s hardware and software products, using your expertise to help identify, present, and prioritize product issues that are discovered by Meraki’s Support team. You will work directly with Product Management and Engineering to ensure that product trends, product serviceability, and the customer experience are represented in the product development lifecycle. An average work week might consist of investigating bug reports, monitoring and prioritizing the backlog of bug reports, writing user documentation, and meeting with Meraki’s PM / Engineering teams to discuss issues associated with the Meraki product line.
- Work on self-assigned bug reports that are reported by our Support engineers, vetting reports for legitimacy and forwarding applicable reports to engineering.
- Coach our Support team empathetically on bug report formatting and data gathering.
- Develop domain expertise on a per-product basis for our diverse product portfolio.
- As the voice of Support and Meraki’s customers, prioritize the bug backlog by working directly with Engineering and Product Management.
- Analyze and synthesize data regarding support cases, firmware, software, adoption, feature utilization, performance, etc. to surface potential trends or issues with our products.
- Write internal-facing user documentation, ensuring that your specialized knowledge is shared with our diverse, global Support team.
- Influence Meraki’s products by advocating for and helping to create internal and external-facing product supportability features.
Keep our Support organization up to date on the latest product developments, bridging product information from PM and Engineering back to our network engineers.
Do you love to pursue networking certifications? Are you eager to attend industry meetups that relate to networking? On the Support Product Specialists team, we strongly value your continued professional development. We encourage you to spend 20% of your time:
- Obtaining certifications and learning programming languages
- Performing in-depth exploration of Meraki products
- Attending industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Exploring new tools and advancements in the field of computer networking
- You have hands-on experience identifying and writing bug reports for networking technologies
- You have experience working with bug tracking / reporting software, such as JIRA or Salesforce
- You have generated technical troubleshooting or configuration documentation for computer networking technologies
- You have programming experience with Ruby, Python, and/or SQL
- You have obtained or are seeking “professional” level networking certification such as CCNP, CCIE, CWNP, CWNE, etc.
Are you wondering what it's like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a beautiful office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer for causes you believe in. Cisco Meraki has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.