Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we build. Would you like to join us and help by supporting our customers and solving their problems every day?
- Want to use your problem-solving skills to create some good in this world?
- Burst with empathy?
- Hold open doors, smile at strangers, offer directions, or pick up the check at lunch?
- Want to work in a product-driven tech company?
- Like to finish your workday exhausted by the pace of progress yet energized by all the new people who read or see your work?
- Get excited by the words “Zendesk Certification”?
- Enjoy working within a system, designing systems, implementing systems, optimizing systems. Ok - do you just love a good system (Another way to look at this...do you enjoy organizing things?)
- Know your way around tools like Zendesk, Hubspot, and project management software?
- Are more neighborly than Mr. Rogers?
- Need to work every day with an honest, excited, transparent, and (appropriately) vulnerable team?
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
What you do:
In this job, you will be assisting customers over the phone, through email, and online chat with various questions and requests they may have. You are their guide to Impact. Internally, you’ll work with our team to implement a great customer service system and product changes that support our customer’s needs.
Let's be real: This job isn't for everyone.
- We're driven by our mission and our teammates to do good.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- Willy Wonka doesn’t work here - so we don’t sugarcoat.
- Mistakes are forgivable, and inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
- We understand that to grow our business, we must develop our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one talented Support Specialist. Is that you?
Like what you see so far, apply now. Need more info, keep reading.
Let's define "One talented Support Specialist" as we see it. You love to and are great at:
- Understanding support strategy and can help us create overall better customer support resulting in fewer merchants uninstalling our app
- Automating manual tasks
- Knowing the value of knowledge sharing
- Being the voice of the customer, internally
- Seeing future needs and pre-filling them
- Making sure your team knows they can rely on you, and specifically what they can rely on you for
- Solving problems a lot of different ways
Create positive client experiences through exemplary communication, problem-solving, and leading by example.
Create Impact on every purchase.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. But what good is all our good work if our customers are too frustrated to use our products?
What you bring to the team:
- 1+ year in a support role, preferably at a SaaS company
- A drive to solve complex problems
- You’ve had a B2B customer-facing role in the past - and liked it. SaaS a super plus
- A big enough view of the world to understand what impact your job has on your customers, team, and our overall mission
- A desire to increase your computer skills
- High verbal and written communication - we’ll be listening and watching for this
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Read this if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements:
OK, friend. Can we call you a friend yet? We hire people. People apply to work here, and people work here. People bring diverse experiences to jobs. We love that. So if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, that’s ok. Apply if you’d be thrilled to wake up and do this job. We know that people aren’t unicorns, and we expect to have to train, upskill, grow, cover, and teach into some of these responsibilities. We just don’t know which responsibilities we’ll need to give that extra support until we meet you.
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- You can use your skills and time to make a positive impact every day. Heck, we're a B-corp so we're committed to doing good!
- We're rich. (Just kidding, but we did close a nice round this fall.)
+++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- You'll create every day. We're around 25 people - so you'll influence tools, voice, style.
- We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.