SVP, Business Operations at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing insurtech startups in the country, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the role?
We are looking for a SVP, Business Operations. This is an executive-level role that reports to the CEO and will work closely with our Board of Directors. In this role, you will ensure the Clearcover organization scales efficiently and effectively and continues to deliver extraordinary results against ambitious objectives. You will be accountable for building, implementing and managing tools and systems for strategic planning and operational excellence, and providing general management of important company functions. You’ll also help develop the company’s overall strategy, support fundraising efforts, and lead a variety of other projects.
What will you do?
- Evaluate, (re)build and manage the strategic planning systems for the company (currently, OKRs and some proprietary tools)
- Drive productivity and accountability within the organization through systematic goal-setting and achievement tracking… i.e. make sure we’re always raising the bar
- Institute and manage tools, frameworks, and systems to ensure the right balance of speed and qualitative/quantitative rigor in team and individual decision-making
- Directly manage key functional areas of the business
- Help develop the overall strategy of the organization, pushing the company and your teammates to balance 10x thinking and operational pragmatism
- Ensure alignment and proper communication across all functional areas
- Lead and support a variety of strategic projects, including equity and debt fundraising, partnerships, M&A, and organizational design/development
- Lead planning and execution of Board of Directors and other key stakeholder updates and meetings
- Build, tear down, and rebuild operational systems as we rapidly scale the organization
- Be a steward of our core values, building and maintaining processes to ensure we adhere to Clearcover’s Operating Principles
What do you need?
- Significant experience developing and applying systems for organization and management with technology focused teams
- Experience scaling business operations and processes at a rapidly scaling, growth-stage technology company (e.g. a company that quickly grew from low 100s to many 100s of people)
- The ability to challenge the status quo, map business goals to process design, and design/test new initiatives
- Experience evaluating/developing company strategy and raising venture capital
- Experience building and leading high-performance teams and teams of teams
- A belief that “process” is primarily a tool to remove constraints, not create them
- Direct communication skills; comfortable giving critical feedback and holding people accountable for results
- Management tool and process enthusiast (e.g. you can easily name your top 3 management books/mentors and decision-making books/tools)
- Significant startup-focused financial literacy, including a deep understanding of unit economics and other early-stage KPIs (e.g. you obsess over how we design, refine and improve output and key metrics)
- A passion for learning and improvement
What's in it for you?
- A generous compensation package that includes meaningful equity in the business
- Substantial and comprehensive benefits, including unlimited PTO, full medical, dental, and vision
- Tons of responsibility and a job that will push you to your full potential
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.