Although we list out what we generally look for in this job description, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. The point we’re getting at is it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the information technology infrastructure. The position will require working with servers, network switches, storage, software, Cloud systems, desktops, laptops, and mobile devices as well as other technologies to support the organization. This position provides daily administrative tasks, support tasks, and project work. This position requires occasional after hours or weekend work to apply patches and fixes for vulnerabilities discovered within the environment.
- Plan and execute the rollout of changes
- Download and deploy MS patches using WSUS or other automated utilities
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Performs system maintenance activities, including monitoring parameters, maintaining security/quality assurance and controlling access
- Responds to user requests and system operation issues, provides assistance to programming and operations personnel in the utilization of software and resolution of user or systems problems
- Determine and implement best practices for the engineering, configuration, administration, and support of Microsoft and other enterprise level technologies
- Provide support for Microsoft Server Operating Systems, and Active Directory
- Ensure the Microsoft Server infrastructure stays up to date and performs to the highest level of performance possible
- Ensure that customer systems are available and performing within their Service Level Agreement, while identifying problems and acting appropriately to resolve issues when they occur
- Research, design and implement new technology solutions as required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with Microsoft technologies in a medium distributed enterprise environment, minimum 5 years working with Microsoft servers
- MCITP or Equivalent Certification or equivalent work experience
- Operating System expertise including Active Directory Account Management, which includes the understanding of Active Directory, Windows GPO, WINS, DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP and commands
- Experience with all recent versions of Windows Server up to and including 2019, Microsoft System Center suite, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems, desktops, print servers, printers, MFDs, plotters, Java, Adobe, and Hyper-V
- VMware experience a plus (vCenter, vSphere, application virtualization, desktop virtualization, VMware View)
- Experience with SSO, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) technologies and products including but not limited to Microsoft Authenticator, Okta, Duo, etc
- Experience with Microsoft 365 technologies and products including but not limited to Azure Active Directory, MFA, SSO, Intune, Autopilot, Windows Hello, DLP, Email Archive, etc.
- Experience with scripting (PowerShell, VBScript or other language) and automating routine infrastructure tasks
- Extensive knowledge of computer/network systems infrastructure requirements and standards, standard software package and patch deployment methodologies, standard change control processes within enterprise size corporations
- Experience with Monitoring Applications – SolarWinds, Microsoft Service Center Operations Manager (SCOM) etc.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices and use of issue/problem tracking systems
- Hands on experience with Cybersecurity policies, procedures, and best practices
- Experience with Cybersecurity systems and tools including Secure Email Gateways, Cloud Access Security Brokers, Identity Management systems, Next Generation AV, DNS Firewalls etc.
- Ability to stay detail-oriented in a fast-paced setting and adapt to changing priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
In accordance with the OSHA- ETS, this position will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status and meet the requirements of the ETS.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.