System Administrator at SDI Presence
Although we list out what we generally look for in this job description, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. The point we’re getting at is it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The System Administrator will primarily be responsible for maintaining device configurations for a variety of IOT devices and Check Point firewalls and apply scripting automation where possible. The successful candidate will adhere to change management processes: testing, planning, execution and backout plan. This position will report to the Project Manager or Team Lead.
- Create and test scripts in the test environment.
- Following the Change Management process; submit RFCs and Change close out documentation
- Participate in Change Advisory Board meetings
- Maintain Asset inventory of devices and configurations
- Design, set up, configure, and troubleshoot Linux servers and other peripheral components to support all aspects of the day-to-day operations.
- Maintain system updates.
- Administer user access and security permissions.
- Document Standard Operating Procedures
- Report equipment malfunctions to field engineers and track resolution
- Three years of experience creating and maintaining scripting automation on a command line interface
- Scripting using Secure CRT or PuTTY
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as BASH, Python or VBscript.
- Check Point management experience using the CLI
- Experience with industrial grade network equipment such as RuggedCom and RAD SecFlow a plus
- Experience following a formal Change Management process
- Hands-on experience with automation tools such as Ansible or Chef a plus but not required
- Experience using ServiceNow a plus
- Must be well organized with good documentation skills
- Must have excellent customer service, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be available for occasional after-hours support according to available maintenance windows
- Driver’s license required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This position will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.