System Integration Specialist at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see inside buildings and police officers see around street corners. We provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We do this by connecting them to seamless communication networks, applications and services, by providing them with real-time information, and by arming them with intuitive, nearly indestructible handheld devices. The Sales Engineering and Business Development Group is the technical lifeblood of the Sales Organization. Our engineers and business mangers bring to life the innovative communications solutions that make a difference in the moments that matter. The Sales Engineering Groups have the technology and design responsibility for all sales support engagements nationwide.
The position is for the Systems Integration (SI) Specialist role for the Sales Business Development and Engineering Team for the West Region. Location preference would be in the Western US States. This team is comprised of presale engineers, presale business managers, and SI Specialists. You will be responsible for working closely with the Sales Team to deliver customer-driven, world-class, leading-edge, end-to-end solutions that rise to the challenges of first responder, government, utility, transportation, and enterprise customers across the country. The team concentrates on the following mission-critical communications technologies at various levels of complexity.
The primary job functions for this role include:
- Leading project teams across the country in developing winning strategies for competitive mega-sized projects. The systems integration specialist provides total solution ownership in development of the presale project strategy, system design, and implementation and service plans
- Issue Request for Quotations for 3rd party content and services and negotiate pricing/scope for the best cost-benefit for MSI
- Leadership role to help and guide the team to form and execute a plan of response that provides the best chance of success in winning the deal
- Making sure that proposals are accurate, completed on time and in conformance with relevant requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Cross-functional collaboration with Engineering, Sales, Life Cycle Services, Product Groups, Strategic Partners
- Leverage experience and skills in engineering, project management, business and competitive analysis, resource planning, customer engagement, and team dynamics leadership to produce winning system and product offerings
- Balance conflicting priorities of short-term success through sales and alignment with long-term business goals
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers by influencing product development roadmaps and strategies to ensure future success
- Develop and deliver customer presentations
- Negotiate contracts by meeting and exceeding corporate targets of P&L, margin goals, and acceptable payment terms
- Capture customers’ business requirements during initial proposal submissions, which help with winning the project
- Participate in pre-bid meetings and present project details to internal executives and Government customers such as County Execs, Legislators, etc.
The ideal candidate has the following skills and capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Strong preference in Electrical, Wireless, Computer, Network Engineering, Computer Science or Systems Integration
- Seeking 5+ years of experience in sales, engineering, business development, solutions architecture or related field
- Ability to coach and develop a high performing presale team members
- System Integration experience not limited to quoting, project scheduling, system description development, risk management, etc.
- A positive attitude with a can-do mentality that enables you to be creative, resourceful and deliver results
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail and a flawless execution mindset
- Strong general knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures - both public and private (e.g. APCO P25) is highly desirable.
- Strong general knowledge of IP networking architecture, protocols and security is highly desirable
- Knowledge of RF coverage predictions, traffic/capacity modeling, and related toolsets is an asset
- Working understanding of basic financial terms and formulas (profit, loss, gross margin, etc.)
- Prior working experience in ASTRO P25 systems is highly desired
Proficient working in Microsoft Project, Excel (specifically with pivot tables), Powerpoint, Google Sheets, Google Slides
- Travel Required: 25-50%
4+ years of experience in sales, engineering, or solutions architecture
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.