If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewNOC (Network operations Center) Supervisor for Support of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) Network Operations Center (NOC). The Statewide Radio Network Division (SRND) technically sophisticated communications system (PA-STARNet) comprised of a complex mix of interdependent technologies interlocked together into one orchestrated system. The system includes a digital microwave radio network, OpenSky 800 MHz radio system, P25 radio system, and supporting infrastructure. The confluence of the PA-STARNet system is in Harrisburg, PA where system performance is monitored and controlled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year by the NOC.
Monitor and maintain the critical and complex PA-STARNet system with minimal service interruptions in support of first responders and their mission to save lives and property in the safest manner possible.
The NOC Supervisor is the Customer’s primary point of contact within Motorola.
- Manages the daily operation of the NOC. This includes oversight of all NOC personnel and monitoring systems on assigned shifts.
- Oversees service monitoring and event management processes to ensure they are performed according to the Commonwealth approved documented NOC procedures. All NOC procedures are documented and communicated to the Offeror’s staff.
- Ensures that all systems within the NOC are monitored and any issues are logged, tracked, and resolved to the satisfaction of the Commonwealth.
- Manages, oversees, and monitors workload to ensure resources are appropriately allocated. Understands the functions and workload of the team.
- Plans, organizes, and assigns work to the Offeror’s staff.
- Works closely with the Commonwealth in identifying and implementing process improvements initiatives.
- Works closely with the Commonwealth on the development and implementation of standards, processes, and systems delivering high quality customer service. Key criteria are service levels, responsiveness, cost effectiveness, and standardization.
- Works closely with the Commonwealth on the coordination of outage events and on outage communications to users.
- Interacts with field teams to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Develops processes to monitor trends based on tickets, system monitoring, and events.
- Oversees the incident/problem management processes for the NOC.
- Manages and communicates major events or outages.
- Works with the Commonwealth and the Offeror’s staff to ensure that all issues are escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with other support teams regarding problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Oversees the Offeror’s staff in determining root causes of significant incidents, drives any identified NOC action items to resolution, and provides post mortem reports when applicable.
- Ensures that escalations of impairments and outage to appropriate individuals, teams, and organizations are conducted in a timely manner to ensure efficient resolution and to minimize customer impact.
- Hires, trains, and develops the Offeror’s staff.
- Analyzes the Offeror’s staff through various statistical and reporting methodologies. Identifies training needs for individuals and team.
- Oversight of Offeror’s NOC staff ensuring delivery of NOC services as required by this solicitation.
- Monitors performance of Offeror’s NOC staff and resolves any performance issues.
- Manages processes and services for quality and efficiency.
- Leads process and quality improvement activities.
- Provides plans to reduce site down time.
- Provides training support through day-to-day interaction, cross-training, on-call assistance, and team meetings.
- Monitors and reinforces departmental procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Coordinates and assists in developing and documenting NOC policies, processes, procedures, and training.
- Coordinates resources and communications between field services, customer support, engineering, and other support groups to resolve issues.
- Develops and builds positive relationships and partnerships with customers, vendors, departments, peers, support teams, and NOC employees to ensure a high level of personal and team understanding of the NOC business operations and service expectations.
- Manages Offeror and customer relationships to ensure service levels are measured and tracked accordingly.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other internal departments and vendors to schedule maintenance, equipment installations, equipment decommissions, new site development, and other activities that affect the PA-STARNet system.
- Works with the Commonwealth’s NOC Supervisor to develop and implement the strategic direction, objectives, and initiatives for the department.
- Conducts, participates, and leads projects and meetings.
- Performs and provides statistical reporting, trending, and analysis and provides input on the departmental budget.
- Leads by example and projects a positive attitude while being a team player and accepts change in a productive manner.
- Manages activities and provides support during disaster recovery and after hours as required.
- At least twelve (12) years management experience in a network operations center or associated technical environment.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in a land mobile radio environment.
- At least ten (10) years of professional, technical, or customer support experience in a professional environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of LMR Monitoring Systems (TSM8000, 5620 SAM, and OpenSky CNM/RNM).
- Working knowledge of LMR Technologies (OpenSky, P25, and Conventional), general RF Subsystems (antennas, monitors, duplexers, combiners, splitters, power amps, base stations), DC power supplies, TCP/IP, Cisco routers and switches, Solaris & Windows Servers, wireless TDM/Ethernet microwave radio networks, Nokia MPLS routers and switches, Telco (copper T1 & 56K, Smart Jacks, and multiplexers), alternative power systems (Generator, Solar, and Wind), towers and shelters (HVACs, generators, grounding, security).
- Working knowledge of ticketing/record keeping systems such as Service Now.
- Analytical, problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Minimum of a high school degree.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.