If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe US Federal Governments Markets Division is chartered with being the premier, compliant supplier of world-class communications solutions to the U.S. Federal Government by providing the highest quality products, systems and services. The USFGMD will achieve this with a professional, well-trained, diverse work force creating a positive and profitable customer relationship resulting in Total Customer Satisfaction and growth of our business. The Federal Systems Technology department of the USFGMD is responsible for service supporting a charter of implementing and integrating complex systems sold worldwide to the US Federal Government. As a USFGMD Systems Technologist, you will be exposed to a wide variety of communications requirements in both the Presale and Post Sale phases of a project. These applications span the entire breadth of the US Federal Government throughout the world.
- Position is a dedicated System Technologist position.
- Applicant MUST be willing to travel at least 10% of the time, and be a self motivator.
- Responsibilities include troubleshooting, repair, installation, and customer training on Motorola Land Mobile Radio Products.
- This equipment includes Conventional, Trunking, Simulcast, Analog and Digital technologies.
- Must be able to verbalize and communicate concepts and recommendations to the customers and within the Motorola organization.
- Must have a detailed understanding of Motorola systems permitting the individual to assist in the design, troubleshooting and maintenance of Motorola’s product lines.
- Must have a though understanding of Motorola RSS/CPS software and how to program subscribers and infrastructure equipment.
- Additionally the potential candidate will be required to complete Standard Form 89 Questionnaire for National Security Positions.
- Must have experience with one of the following: P25, LMR, Smartnet, SmartZone, RF infrastructure, ASTRO systems, radios and consoles.
- Individual must have a superior knowledge of one or more of the following; Motorola Conventional and MCC Console systems, Secure and ASTRO Digital systems
and installation procedures.
- Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and Motorola Radio Service Software products.
- Must have a excellent communications skills and always present a professional image.
- 3+ years experience as an electronics or field technician
- Experience working with RF Infrastructure Technologies to include Motorola Astro P25 Trunking infrastructure, Console Systems and ASTRO Conventional equipment is strongly preferred
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.