System Technologist at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewSystems technologist for the North East US Territory 2 Systems tech team.
- Provide technical support of specialized systems and product applications including troubleshooting of software driven electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture including, but not limited to, legacy analog, advanced digital P25 and data infrastructure.
- Program, configure, optimize, test and document complex communications systems.
- Is able to act as lead on small or medium sized projects and additions to existing systems. Assists with system upgrades as required.
- Mentors less experienced STs.
- Post-sale implementation of voice and data communications systems.
- Performs specific system configuration, programming, optimization, testing, and documentation tasks.
- Works under the direction of other ST's, SSC, CSE, Product Groups, and/or others in the characterization of system defects during system implementation and, on occasion, during the maintenance phase.
- Extensive travel is typically required.
- Working overtime, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules may sometimes be required.
- 5-6+ years of experience in a System Tech or Field Tech role
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.