Systems Admin, End User Supt, Zoro
Job Title: Systems Admin, End User Supt, Zoro Tools
Title: Systems Administrator – End User Support Team
Reports to: Supervisor, End User Support
Location: Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
The Systems Administrator’s role is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure for the End User Support Team. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and industry best practices.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and configure software, hardware, and cloud services
- Manage cloud servers and technology tools
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Train and mentor staff on new technologies/processes
- Build and maintain an internal knowledge base with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Make recommendations for future upgrades
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
- Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, company mobile phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Technology or 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Experience architecting and managing Active Directory environments
- Experience architecting and managing G Suite
- Experience architecting and managing a SSO solution
- Experience architecting and managing a MDM solution
- Experience architecting and managing SaaS based enterprise tools
- Familiarity with call center technology solutions
- Experience with system security and data backup/recovery tools
- Microsoft, Apple, or vendor specific certifications a plus
- Project management skills/experience in previous roles
- ITIL Framework recommended
- Network configuration and troubleshooting
- Sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time
- Dexterity to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- Some travel to other office locations may be required for the purpose of on-site hardware and software troubleshooting and repair
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.