What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You'll Do
- Maintain mostly open source office infrastructure
- Manage software deployment and manage systems using JAMF and Kace
- Be the offense and defense for the virtual machines that power Uptake
- Manage Uptake’s internal Active Directory
- Support wired and wireless networks, and our VPNs
- Document and expand our internal knowledge base
- Support macOS and Windows users with everything from software installation to debugging development environments
- Think of how we can make our coworkers have a more enjoyable, efficient day
- Work mostly with executives and VIPs, providing a “white glove” service where necessary
- Manage workgroup and domain environments, and general networking troubleshooting for the entire California office
- You will also be part of the global IT support team and help resolve issues around the world
- 5+ years experience solving problems and making systems better in a computer-based environment
- 2+ years experience working with Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with systems management tools, JAMF and KACE knowledge preferred
- Proficient and comfortable working with virtualization environments/hypervisors
- Shown past proficiency with Microsoft PowerShell and scripting
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix common issues in your sleep
- Familiarity with API development
- Deep working knowledge of identity management platforms, including SSO/SAML
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Demonstration that you’re interested in and have done something with technology
- Flexibility and versatility required - the individual in this role must have a willingness to support a variety of office tasks outside of the typical day to day as needed
- Degree in computer science or STEM area of study
- Exposure to AWS CLI and IAM
- Experience with provisioning and supporting VoIP telephony and telepresence equipment
- Passion for open source software
- Programming experience and ability
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.