Systems Analyst (Metadata)
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT PROVIDE VISA SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE***
Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Troubleshoot program and system malfunctions to restore normal functioning.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Use the computer in the analysis and solution of business problems, such as development of integrated production and inventory control and cost analysis systems.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Collaborates with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Communicates with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.Designs solutions for metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management, and data steward activities.
- Develops and codes solutions for metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management, and data steward activities.
- Implements some improvements in architecture, team processes, and functions.
- Understand the role of metadata in capturing data lineage, and supporting data quality
- Define/extend meta-models within a data cataloging repository.
- Build metadata administration and maintenance routines.
- Partners with data governance, data stewards, and subject matter experts to create and maintain business definitions/business glossary for enterprise data.
- Evaluates data dictionaries for duplication, gaps and/or quality issues to ensure acceptable metadata quality score.
- Analysis of existing source-to-target mapping documents to produce end-to-end data lineage for enterprise data.
- Data tagging of business metadata in accordance with the metadata management policy, standards, and procedures.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
- Application Development and Testing or in Infrastructure/Middleware support or related field
- In lieu of education, 2+ years of experience as Application Development and Testing or in Infrastructure/Middleware support or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Ability to analyze complex data, business processes, and information flow needs.
- Basic understanding of the importance of data
- Familiarity with metadata concepts
- Familiarity with data profiling techniques
- Basic relational database skills
- Basic Windows and Unix operating systems skills
- Exposure to data governance, data standards and data policies
- Experience with metadata management tools.
- Clear and effective communicator: written and verbal
- 4+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Metadata Management, Data Quality
- Relevant Technology Certifications
- Basic Data Visualization Skills
- Office Macro Development Skills
- Ability to write moderately complex SQL queries.
- Basic Data Modeling Skills
- Basic skills in Big Data platforms
- Development Skills in Python
- Development Skills in R
- Knowledge with Metadata Hub
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.