Systems Engineer Lead at Walgreens
Under minimal direction, responsible for supporting and overseeing, instructing, instructing, and checking the work of other systems engineers. Supports the designs, implementation or installation, maintenance and administration of infrastructures including complex hardware, software and configurations. Ensures overall system performance and ensures corrective measures are put into place on failed components. Manages relationships and projects. Supports collaborative efforts to ensure that new and existing infrastructure, software, hardware and configurations are developed and deployed. Ensures the creation of standards, procedures, guidelines, and policies. Instructs, mentors, guides, and provides oversight to engineers. Knowledgeable of one or more technologies, products or applications. Exhibits the highest degree of technical expertise. Acts as the subject matter experienced professional.
• Acts as top level technical experienced professional in on or more technologies, products or applications supporting the design, implementation and organization of solutions within the supported technologies, products, and services.
• Oversees definition of standards, specifications, procedures, processes, guidelines, and policies. Ensures requirements and deliverables are clearly documented and defined. Ensures that project, business, and technical requirements are completed in a timely manner within budget. Oversees staff to assure that supported products and services are monitored and proactively managed to assure performance, availability, security, and capacity.
• Reviews complex problems and approves proposed solutions. Works concurrently on issues across multiple products and services. Serves as an escalation point representing supported technologies, products and services to other IT groups.
• Participates in and lends stakeholders to the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness. Works with vendors and evaluates products with vendors. Defines specifications, evaluates against specification and makes recommendations.
• Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and work effort needed to design and implement complex technical solutions.
• May lead projects with moderate or larger sized scope and teams.
• Works collaboratively with and provides guidance to areas of IT and to ensure the most effective results, utilizing best solutions for the situation.
• Communicates with software and hardware vendors, technical support, and engineering. Facilitates communications between IT groups and vendors.
• Instructs, mentors, guides, and provides oversight to engineers.
• Understands the business organizational structure and culture to best attain objects and results.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor's Degree & at least 2 years IT experience or High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in application development, or systems or network administration.
- Experience communicating technical information both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various technical and non-technical audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Experience working with Enterprise Architecture standards and processes. Encourages the application of standards across systems and organizations within the enterprise.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications :
• Bachelor's Degree & at least 7 years IT experience or High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in application development, or systems or network administration.
• Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or Engineering
• Preferred MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) certification.
• At least 7 years of experience managing and maintaining Windows Servers
• At least 5 years of experience managing and maintaining VMWare ESX environments
• At least 7 years of experience managing Active Directory forests and domain controllers.
• At least 7 years of experience maintaining x86 architecture hardware.