Systems Engineer at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We may be the most important Internet company you’ve never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
As a member of the Linux Systems Engineering team, you will work in a group that is focused on efficiency, project work, compliance, standards, situational awareness and readiness. You’ll be a critical part of a fast-moving, innovative team, providing support and expertise where needed. You will work independently with little to no guidance in some situations as well as working with the team in full collaboration.
- Participate in engineering, deploying, and maintaining solutions and services for internal customers.
- Act as a technical liaison to one or more internal company divisions.
- Investigate and troubleshoot TIER 3 issues with network, server, and application infrastructure.
- Communicate issues to stakeholders effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Provide documentation of configuration and troubleshooting procedures to facilitate other team members and teams within the IT organization.
- Provide after-hours support when required, and respond to outages, incidents, and alerts.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years experience building, configuring and administering CentOS and/or RedHat Enterprise Linux in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent Linux command line skills.
- Experience in automating tasks via interpreted languages such as Python, Perl or Ruby.
- Working knowledge of the GIT version control system.
- Automation and configuration experience (Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc).
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from the network, OS, and application levels.
- Service delivery in a high-volume environment with competing priorities.
- Independent worker, can work on projects or issues with little to no direction from management.
- Excellent organization skills, project tracking abilities, communications skills, and time management skills.
- Agile experience a plus (Kanban, Scrum, etc)
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.