Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, We empower physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology. We're looking for IT professionals who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
As a Systems Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by providing secure and private cancer care for our clients and their patients.
What You'll Do:
- Support the CISO with a number of security and privacy initiatives, including:
- Work as a key member of Tempus’ IT team to securely provision, protect, and defend Tempus environments
- Work to design, maintain, and administer the on-prem server architecture (windows and unix servers, including GPU rendering systems)
- Perform periodic system audits
- Evaluate the impact of new technologies on Tempus’ IT program
- Address IT-related helpdesk tickets, and as a member of the IR team conduct investigations, mitigate incidents, and prevent breaches
- Coordinate with TechOps, InfoSec and other technical stakeholders on various on-prem, cloud, data, and engineering projects
- Work to develop various security standards and guidelines
- Maintain the server monitoring/health system and ensure business stakeholders receive prompt break/fix service
- Engage with vendors and carriers as required to assist in troubleshooting or implementation of solutions
- Write and maintain proper documentation and SOP’s
- Lead training sessions to enhance employees’ proficiency using technology systems and applications
- Manage Active Directory environment
Qualifications & Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related technical field and/or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 5+ experience as a system administrator
- Experience with both Windows and Unix (Ubuntu) OS
- Working knowledge of enterprise business LAN/WAN environments including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless controllers/APs
- System administration in IaaS environments (AWS, Azure)
- Strong understanding of change control methodologies and experience following change processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment
- Demonstrate project and time management skills and the ability to manage expectations in a startup environment
Great if you have:
- Experience with auditing, policy writing, and risk management frameworks.
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and/or with HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO, or GDPR compliance
- Experience with application security best practices
- Professional certifications such as ITIL Foundations, Comptia A +, Comptia Server +, MCSE: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field