Systems Engineer at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We're looking for IT professionals who are passionate about changing the status quo.
As a System Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by providing secure and private cancer care for our clients and their patients.
What You'll Do:
- Work as a key member of the Tempus Local Infrastructure team to design, maintain, and administer on-prem server architecture
- Utilize configuration management tooling to manage systems, including Windows and Linux servers
- Automate periodic system audits and complete remediation tasks post-audit
- Evaluate the impact of new technologies on Tempus infrastructure
- Maintain monitoring and alerting systems for local infrastructure
- Engage with vendors to assist in troubleshooting or implementation of solutions
- Write and maintain documentation and SOP’s
- Provide mentorship and escalation path for IT Support team
- Manage Active Directory environment
- 2+ experience as a system administrator or engineer
- Experience with Linux OS, preference for Ubuntu
- Experience with Windows Server
- Experience with Virtualization, preference for VMWare
- Strong understanding of change control methodologies and experience following change processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to stay organized in a rapidly changing environment