Systems Engineer at Cisco Meraki
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter! As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud- managed IT a reality. Our team is passionate about innovation and delighting customers which has enabled us to grow more than 100% year over year. Headquartered in San Francisco, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China.”What You'll Do
This position is an Inside Systems Engineer based in our San Francisco or Chicago offices. You will team up with a Cisco Meraki Sales team to assist with technical sales activities for new and existing opportunities. You will utilize your in-depth knowledge of Cisco's Cloud Networking solutions to demonstrate aggressive advantages over industry players to both prospective customers and partners. This position provides career development through the direct daily interaction with customers and partners, opportunities to travel in territory for customer and partner visits.Who You'll Work With
You will have internal cross function collaboration with the Product Management, Product Development/Engineering, Technical Marketing and Sales teams.Who You Are
You act as a technical resource to the Meraki Sales team for all technical pre-sales activities and product related inquiries. Conduct online product demonstrations, answer technical questions, contribute to proposals, analyze clients’ needs, and develop technical solutions in a pre-sales environment.
- You will become the technical authority on Cisco’s Cloud Networking products, features, functions, and benefits, while being able to share that knowledge with audiences at all levels of clients (from IT Manager to CTO)
- Maintain strong interpersonal presentation and troubleshooting skills while evoking passion and confidence with your audience
- Work with the Cisco Meraki Sales team on strategic sales initiatives (customer outreach, Channel training, etc.) to grow business in targeted regions
- You will build design/deployment guides for both external and internal audiences
- Our Systems Engineers are a critical component of the sales team and as such, are compensated on the results of the team they support
- You will be awesome!
- Proven track record of 1-3 years in a sales engineering capacity or 3+ years in an enterprise networking engineering/administration role
- Experienced knowledge in full stack networking, wireless site surveys, large campus network design, network security strategies, capacity planning, and common networking deployment challenges
- Authoritative knowledge in end-to-end network troubleshooting, including packet level analysis via wireshark/pcap, packet construction, etc.
- Familiarity with UTM/security features and functionality (IDS/IPS, dynamic VPN’s, content filtering, packet inspection, NAC, ACL’s, QoS)
- Familiarity with WAN design (MPLS, BGP, IP VPN’s)
- Familiarity with campus LAN design including building redundant networks, routing protocol design, and high availability strategies (multicast, VLAN’s, RSTP, OSPF, VRRP, DHCP, TCP, UDP, ARP, DSCP, AAA/RADIUS)
- Familiarity with wireless networking fundamentals including site survey activities, high density planning/troubleshooting, and roaming (802.11a/b/g/n/ax, WPA2, 802.1x, EAP, 802.11r, PMK, OKC, 802.11e/WMM, BYOD)
- Bonus experience/interest: captive portal design, JSON, REST, XML, SAML, SQL, python
- Understanding of technical sales activities, challenges, and enablement strategies preferred
- Extraordinary communication skills, both verbal and written and Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- CCNA, CWNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE are a plus
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Position does not provide sponsorship
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.