Talend ETL Associate, Technical Architect at Walgreens
- Participates in the creation of design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT organization.
- Supports the decision-making processes related to the selection of IT architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical resource to software development engineering.
- Participates in implementing and improving core software infrastructure.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Participates in performing systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in an IT engineering role OR High School Diploma/ GED and at least 6 years of experience in an IT engineering role.
- At least 2 years of experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts, emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 3 years of experience working in a business-facing environment, preferably in a Business Intelligence.
- At least 3 years of hands-on with ETL tools and teams, preferably Talend & AbInitio
- 1-2 years of data modeling
- Strong hands-on experience with data mapping and/or SQL
- Solid understanding of Unix
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development organization
- Ability to work with teams distributed globally
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication