Team Lead, Fraud
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through fast-growing small businesses by connecting people to a dynamic, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that encourages innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon
This role is the main driver of team results daily through tracking and being responsible for the performance of assigned departmental productivity and quality targets. You ensure team tasks are achieved by providing specific direction to the front line in Chicago and cursory mentorship to the Consumer Fraud Team in North America. This team and the lead will works to ensure company policies and guidelines are being upheld. They need to identify issues, develop a strategy, then implement those solutions to their problems while not requiring constant input from a supervisor but consistent with overall direction as established by the North American Consumer Fraud Manager and Global Head of Consumer Fraud and Payments.
The Team Lead should use either the resources provided and/or delegate assignments to the team and themselves as needed. This should be done with a confident and encouraging attitude in order to instill collective team spirit. In this role requires your time will be split with 70% working on operational issues, 20% communicating, and 10% of your time reporting.
- You will be responsible for the team through their day to day processes, working alongside them when performing front line tasks
- You will act as a primary point of contact for critical issues for all fraud related queries and issues inside and outside the department
- You should utilize good judgment with regard to both substantive fraud and team administrative issues, independently, with a firm understanding of the types of issues that should be raised to the manager, global head of fraud and payments, and director of risk management
- You will train new team members on tasks after onboarding, provide ongoing training to current team members on an as needed basis, and update training materials as processes evolve
- You get to tackle specific, deadline-oriented projects and expertly work well with leaders in other departments
- Communicate daily with the manager regarding team updates and fraud trends
- Exchange inter departmental requests and be available for vendor-facing tasks
- Use data driven reporting to identify high level observations on Chargeback and Fraud trends. Distribute reports and trends to partners with operational suggestions and suggested long term implications
- Imprint a motivational and positive approach when working with and helping team members
- Bachelor's degree
- Team management experience
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.