Team Lead, Operations at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
As a Team Lead in Restaurant Fulfillment, you will report directly to a Restaurant Fulfillment Manager and will be responsible for approximately 7 direct reports. Together, you will oversee the daily workflow and manage the performance of Restaurant Fulfillment Specialists, who are responsible for activating and onboarding new restaurants onto the Grubhub platform
- Assist the Restaurant Fulfillment Manager with the development of daily, weekly and monthly goals and priorities
- Held accountable by the Restaurant Fulfillment Manager for the team’s ability to hit monthly performance goals.
- Expected to communicate the team’s progress towards all goals to the Restaurant Fulfillment Manager and Sr. Manager
- Train, coach, motivate, and manage a team of Restaurant Fulfillment Specialists to achieve business goals and individual results
- Identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiencies with processes, tools, product offerings, and employee development
- Adjust the team’s process/workflow as needed based on upcoming significant impacts/changes communicated to you by the Restaurant Fulfillment Manager
- Act as a subject matter expert and represent the team’s perspectives during continuous improvement efforts
- Assist the Restaurant Fulfillment Manager with predicting staff changes based on KPI issues and/or expected attrition
- Responsible for clear and concise communication to the team
- Develop effective coaching strategies and content for team meetings
- Support the Coordinator with escalated issues from Associates/Specialists, restaurants, and other internal stakeholders
- Maintain a fun culture and professional environment, aligned with Grubhub values
- Maintain positive working relationships with external clients and internal business partners
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Effective communicator with a knack for articulating the problem and collaborating across teams
- Critical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- At least 1 years’ experience managing or coaching resources is preferred
- Able to create reports in Salesforce.com is preferred
- Able to use mathematical functions, create charts and pivots tables in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience working with vendors preferred
- Experience working with high value clients is preferred
- Experience in sales or customer service is preferred
- Schedule flexibility is preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]