VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
Do you love solving problems by deploying and maintaining technology that makes life simpler and more productive for our colleagues? If so, we want you to join our Technology Operations team here at VillageMD.
What are examples of work that the Team Lead, Technology Service Desk will do at VillageMD?
- Coordinate the Technology Service Desk team members in their daily duties of attending to internal customers who contact for TSD for incidents and service requests.
- Analyze existing processes and methodologies to determine opportunities for process improvements that are scalable and leverages knowledge and documentation.
- Evaluate and assess service delivery performance metrics and carry out survey on customers to weigh level of service delivery.
- Keep record of daily operations at TSD for tracking of customer needs, services rendered, and future reference.
- Act as primary escalation point for complex issues and key requests.
- Utilize ITSM tools (ticketing system) to track and document all support incidents utilizing priority level definitions and SLAs.
- Identify opportunities for automation and assist with development of automation systems to address those opportunities.
- Participation with maintaining inventory of hardware, software, and support assets.
- Demonstrate Customer Service and Troubleshooting skill sets.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure.
- Experience working with a multi-tiered ticket handling system.
- Provide tier 1 and tier 2 Technology support.
What will make you successful here?
- Be a leader that engenders trust by digging into the details and taking personal accountability for the services and your actions, every day.
- Utilize 3 pillars of IT Service Management – Customer Service, Teamwork/Collaboration, and Technical Skillset.
- Continuously create value at every customer interaction that is palpable.
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- A low ego.
The following experience is relevant to us:
If you have experience facilitating ITIL principles for Incident Management AND you have passion for providing World Class Customer Service, then let’s talk about this role.
- 3-5 years of practical experience implementing ITIL principles
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience supporting varying technologies in healthcare world.
- ITIL Certification is a plus
- Networking experience including understanding of VPN, LAN, and wireless
- Demonstrated understanding of switches, routers, and other network hardware.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence a huge plus.
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills is an absolute must.
- Strong understanding of user authentication, permissions, and encryption.
- Strong understanding of:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Active Directory User Management
- Group Policy Management
- Office 365 and Azure cloud services
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary, bonus, and health benefits
- Paid gym membership
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment (with snacks)
- Pre-tax savings on commute expenses
- Remote flexibility
- A highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes the impact you can make from Day 1.
- A clear link between our daily work on products and services and the improved quality of healthcare that this work facilitates for patients.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation.